How did he know?

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
karamea
Ensign
Ensign

How did he know?

Post by karamea »

More dedicated fans might have already discussed this but I was just thinking about that scene in Ep 7 when Han and Chewie and co escape from the salvaging ship in the Millenium falcon with the monster on the windscreen, leaving behind the guy with the scottish/irish? accent who wanted his money back.

As the falcon blasts off at lightspeed the guy gets on his communicator and says 'Inform the first order the droid is on the millenium falcon'. I went over the scene a few times and I couldn't figure out how he know what that ship was. The falcon had been out of circulation for a long time, even Han Solo didn't know where it was and the guy must have assciated Han with his "new" ship and knew where to find him, so how come that guy knew they were zooming off on the Falcon?

I'm just curious
Don't make me destroy you
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How did he know?

Post by MattG »

Didn't really think about it, but you are right... Han hadn't been using the Falcon for a few years, based on the info in TFA. I guess his reputation and connection to the modified freighter were a big deal in the right circles.
karamea
Ensign
Ensign

Re: How did he know?

Post by karamea »

Yeh that seems to be the only reasonable explanation, a bit of a stretch but then again maybe not. It's such a small plot point it doesn't probably matter at all but it's the kind of thing that will stop me getting to sleep for a few nights lol
Don't make me destroy you