Star Wars What's Next?

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Quinn81
Ensign
Ensign

Star Wars What's Next?

Post by Quinn81 »

So after seeing the latest trailer of the last Jedi I kind of get the feeling Disney is dropping the Jedi and the Sith. Does any one else think this is the case? After the force awakens and seeing interviews and behind the scenes for this movie I got this feeling as well.

I must say if this is the case I would be pretty disappointed as one of my favorite parts of Star Wars is the two battling together and I do believe George Lucas did a good job keeping all things Star Wars related to each other books, comics, TV etc.
"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars What's Next?

Post by MattG »

I would be surprised and disappointed if they ditched the notion of Jedi and Sith... it is indeed far too integral a thread in the Star Wars stories to abandon, and to just make them generic adventures-in-space.

It wouldn't surprise me if the inclusion of that line in the trailer is an intentional red herring.