Rogue One Duracell Commercial

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rogue One Duracell Commercial

Post by MattG »

Attachments
ascene00918.jpg
ascene00918.jpg (159.59 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
ascene00491.jpg
ascene00491.jpg (226.69 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Rogue One Duracell Commercial

Post by SlyClone »

I'm wondering how many of these scenes are actually from the movie? Or did they specifically make them for the ad?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Was having a discussion about that on FB with Rev Strone, actually, who surmised that with the right amount of $$ changing hands, commercials like this and the Toys'R'Us advert are quite possibly based on additional dedicated shoots. I've also since heard from someone who worked on R1 that confirmed that some scenes were specifically shot for commercials, including one brand/company we haven't heard from yet.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:Was having a discussion about that on FB with Rev Strone, actually, who surmised that with the right amount of $$ changing hands, commercials like this and the Toys'R'Us advert are quite possibly based on additional dedicated shoots. I've also since heard from someone who worked on R1 that confirmed that some scenes were specifically shot for commercials, including one brand/company we haven't heard from yet.
Interesting to hear this. Really makes you appreciate the sort of budget that goes into this marketing. I suppose we saw the same kind of dedicated scenes being produced with TFA for Duracell and Verizon last year..
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

MattG wrote:Was having a discussion about that on FB with Rev Strone, actually, who surmised that with the right amount of $$ changing hands, commercials like this and the Toys'R'Us advert are quite possibly based on additional dedicated shoots. I've also since heard from someone who worked on R1 that confirmed that some scenes were specifically shot for commercials, including one brand/company we haven't heard from yet.
Man that must of cost the companies a pretty penny to shoot, shows the depts of some companies marketing budgets. Though for us its great that they can do this sort of stuff.