cannys work log.

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

cannys work log.

Post by Canny »

Im almost finished the Rouge one rebel helmet and have started designing the Scarif trooper for 3d printing will be an entire suit that I plan to cast in resin using files that I make myself and other that are accurate ( if somethings correct why do it again)
There is more but I will update this at the same time I update other forums from now on :)
if you want to read a little more check out http://cannysgambit.blogspot.co.nz/
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cannys work log.

Post by MattG »

Great work on that helmet (and some cool other projects you've got going on, on your blog).
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Nice work on your helmet, will it be finished for the premiere?
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Canny »

Yes I will have it ready for the Premier, going thursday midnight in wellington at emabssy. after that its adjust / tweak for screen accuracy then cast for some interested parties. my Cousin will make the fabric covers. Should be a fun little side line to help pay for some of the Scarif trooper build.
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Canny »

peel of the masking tonight and clear coat ready for the premier.
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Canny »

So the journey beggins. Unsure how long it will take with all the other plans I have to build stuff but I have started.

Reasons for making my own

Im keen to keep expanding my skills with design work and push my skills with 3d printing.

After looking at the Scarif armor thats avaliable, I feel I can make as good or better than whats out there at the moment.

The reference material is huge, all over the internet. pathfinders, facebook, spec ops, RPF . . .

Some files that are out there are pretty accurate so I will be using/modifying them to print some part.

For the cost of shipping a suit of armor I can buy the plastic I need to print it and have some change.

The main reason to cast the bigger items is that I have learnt the hard way that 3d prints if made in parts from PLA when glued eventually crack at the join if there is too much movment. They are not as durable as a cast. Speding hours sanding and priming and sanding and finishing just to have the seams become visible is no fun.

So I've started work on the handguards.

Prints incoming once I have finished my Rogue one Rebel Helmet.
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Canny »

The Premier is tonight!

Saw Gerrera: What will you do when they catch you? What will you do if they break you? If you continue to fight, what will you become?

quiet
Ensign
Ensign

Post by quiet »

That is absolutely fantastic canny! I'm also a fan of the Scarif style too so I'm excited to see how it comes along :)
Canny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Canny »

Yeah haa it was awesome! nothing else cant spoil it for others.
Im pretty hooked on them ay Quite
printed off 3 prototypes. No 3 is the closest to references. even got the little recess at the knuckle end. Gloves on the way . . some where between scarif and here.
(no3)
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

The WIP on the shore trooper is starting off nicely. I'm giving some serious thought to getting a set myself once I've got my armour from Oota paid off.