Voice Box Advice

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Skicom
Ensign
Ensign

Voice Box Advice

Post by Skicom »

Advice requested........

Was about to click purchase on the 12W box kit and the ICOMM.

Then I thought NOOOOOOO get advice first......

http://store.voicebooster.com/costume-p ... cessories/

Is this worth the effort to get?

Ski
'Ability is nothing without opportunity'

Napoleon Bonaparte
joshsurf
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Voice Box Advice

Post by joshsurf »

So I went through this dilemma as well.all the people that I troop with have either I comm systems or rom fx. Rom fx is better but way more $$ than I comm. the thing was, most, more icomm users, didn't use the system at all. Icomms are notoriously finicky where you have to have the amp at the right volume and mic the right distance from your mouth etc. too much messing about for me especially as you are spending more than $100US. Even if it's working the voice change aspect makes it difficult to understand anything the wearer says anyhow!
My solution was eBay. There I found that you can purchase a range of aker amps cheaply. With most offering free shipping. Mime cost $40NZ 3 years ago, but prices haven't changed only the exchange rate kills it now.
I mounted mine at the top of the ab plate near the top. The way the armour resonates it makes your voice sound more trooperish anyway, the punters love it, and really don't know the difference. And if you really want the static burst noise? Just make it with your mouth, blow,click " caah-chick" it! It's really convincing. Hope this helped!