Sandtrooper Backpack

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Sandtrooper Backpack

Post by Green1000 »

Ever since I decided on becoming a Sandtrooper, I have wanted to get a backpack. Now is the time! Going to try and get it done before TFA/SCCP

So my (and two others) new project(s) arrived a couple of days before Auckgeddon, and I have had a bit of time to have a look, and make a bit of a start/organize to see if I'm missing anything else. Will Probably put the T21 on hold until this is done, as I already have my E11 to look for droids with.
Its meant to have everything to make a pack -paint and fasteners.

(Basic Layout)

Unfortunately it was missing 1 of each of the following: the thermal det end cap for my Mortar Tube, a bit of 5cm pipe for one of the shotgun shells, and a about 10cm piece of the pipe for the lower part of the pack frame. but nothing too major. and I can probably get the pipe bits from somewhere if I really try. I made sure the others all got their bits :-)

I started by making my "shotgun shells" by getting the bits of pipe, and glueing a 10c coin to the bottom :-) I also have superglued a couple of the trays that had split corners to get them all into shape.

P.S. Gel superglue is $2 at the warehouse :-) No more glue coated fingers for me!

Also Glued some of the details on the the face plate for the sonix radio. I'm not going to worry about making the dials work, I'm just going to drill out the speaker holes, so I can put a Bluetooth speaker underneath to play radio chatter, and potentially for a voice modulator too.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of the other tools up here to do too much more (I need a heatgun, drill etc) So I'll wait for an Armour party :-) I also Will need some where to do some painting!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Sandtrooper Backpack

Post by oota goota »

looks mean green! Looking forward to watching your progress
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Looks like a very decent starting point. Should totally look the biz when all together.
Kiwi sapper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi sapper »

Will be watching, just so I know how to put my one together :lol:
Join the Empire they said, See the Galaxy they said, yet here we are stuck on Tatooine
Green1000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Green1000 »

So after being super lazy and having all the parts laying around the house I finally decided to get my A into G and get on with my Pack!

I've spent the last week painting all the bits and pieces getting them ready to go, as well as getting a few extra bits and bobs. The weather hasn't been great for painting, raining, way too windy, blowing bits into the paint etc. but I don't really mind its all going to be weathered at the end anyway!

Spray painting pictures etc

For the bee stinger I wanted something that wouldn't break if it got caught or hit by kids, so I modified a door stopper...

The bottom trays are on the frame now:

And have all the top trays stuff attached using bolts, rivets, and cable ties.

I haven't quite finished the radio for the bottom, but the cistern is done and attached with a few cable ties.

I love the use of electrical tape on the screen packs, so I had to put it on mine! Now to figure out how to properly attach the bottom tray to the top one, and keep them that way.

Andrew
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yeah, the weather's not the friend of prop-makers at the moment. Good progress though!