party props

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
haffy
Cadet
Cadet

party props

Post by haffy »

Hi all
Im having a stars party for my kid and was wondering if anyone knew where I can get large carboard props of characters etc..? Ive tried video stores and toys stores but they dont have any.

any help appreciated.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: party props

Post by Anaria »

Having looked for these over the years, about the only place to find cardboard SW character displays is secondhand, like on Trademe (there's a Yoda currently for sale), sometimes at Armageddon. Some stores do have a few for promotional purposes from time to time (usually with advertising text/prices etc), but most stores don't give them away, they're hard to get. I spent a few years asking stores about their displays, very few were ever helpful, most say they can't, then throw them in the bin anyway :(

You can buy them in the US (for example, here), but it's very hard to find any store that will ship outside of the US because of their size :( The Official StarWarsShop.com did stock them in the past and ship to NZ, but they don't seem to have many anymore - the large wall stickers are more popular now, as they are easier to post (but cost more unfortunately).
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB