What's on your workbench?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by batmanreturns »

batmanreturns wrote:
IMG_3767-1.jpg
well,i had given this project up for dead when i ordered a cowl and the deal went south,but i sorted a new cowl from a different source,and voila,here is the first fitting.
i just need a decent faux leather cape now,and the 'batman' shall indeed return.

thanks.
alrighty then,a quick update.
no pics this time,as a photo of a bag full of fabric would be reasonably boring for most.

picked up today,six meters of faux leather fabric. good,decent weight,not overly glossy black. six meters of black inner lining, two
dowel rods,and some black 12mm bias binding.
the whole she-bang has some decent weight to it,so i expect it will do the job nicely.
i have taken some decent time over the entire getup,to ensure that everything is right from the get-go.
body suit,gauntlets,boots and belt are all ready to rock.

hoping to get a fan friendly, respectful 'batman' on the floor.
if all else fails,i'll go for the 'batmetal' version of batman :)

thanks.
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

well,the capes done. the suit is complete.
i did a test run last weekend for a coupla hours. my family tell me the suit is 'striking' to look at.
very pleased with it i am.
hoping to get to the auckland sccp. but we'll see how the week plays out.
i'll make a firm decision later in the week.

cheers.
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Awesome :) Elsa has been back on my to do list- new cape and I just put a new horsehair braid support to the hem. All for SCCP this weekend :)

Ahsoka fail continues. I feel cursed. I know it's not, it's just been terrible weather and me not quite having the same abilities I used to (actually- getting a nerve study done tomorrow to figure that out- I have tingling in my hands and my fingers will twitch nearly every day now.) I think it's swelling and degradation in my elbows and wrists, but we'll see exactly how bad it is. But it means my painting isn't quite what I want it to be and my strength to work with molds is just gone.

And of course this just makes me want to do SCCP even more because I know those kids go through the same and worse. I want to be a little sparkle of happiness for them :)
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

sorry to hear bout the health issues.
yes,looking forward to coming up.
not to derail this thread [i did attempt to create an sccp 2017 thread a coupla days ago,but it seems i dont have the permissions here]
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

Working on a Clone Trooper pep I purchased a few years ago and modified for an Old Rex helmet. Almost finished, with over 2,600 tabs to glue!

And..... it's going to be display only 'cos I'll need to modify the mesh to enlarge the neck so I can wear it.

Still, my pep skills are really increasing.
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG (2.3 MiB) Viewed 12761 times
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

"2,600 tabs to glue"? That's mind-bending.

I hope you remembered to phone John and mow the lawn first though. :p
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

Hah! Guess who carefully pixelated the text in the image and then posted the wrong pic! :lol: :ohwell:
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

And because you can never have too many projects on the go at once...
Iron Giant, Dr Fate & Animated Clone
Iron Giant, Dr Fate & Animated Clone
IMG_0912.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 12672 times
The Iron Giant is an original pep. Dr Fate and the animated clone are ones that I found online and modified.

Plus under the workbench is a set of fibreglass stormtrooper armour that I really must get finished while I'm still young enough to troop!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I purchased a Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper helmet that I didn't realise was getting sun damaged while it was on display. I didn't want to paint it back to white so decided to try to turn it into the Sand Trooper helmet I always wanted.

I'm a bit 50/50 with the way it turned out but I guess it's better then having a half dog pee yellow helmet lol
Attachments
20180816_153331.png
20180816_153331.png (412.53 KiB) Viewed 11349 times
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

20180921_230959.jpg
20180921_230959.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 10862 times
this is currently on my workbench,the kitchen table,and suchlike. mostly done now, just needs tweeks and paint app touch ups.
have scratch made the entire armored suit from big sheets of floor foam.
not accurate whatsoever,but looks 'doom' inspired no less.
cheers !