What's on your workbench?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

What's on your workbench?

Post by oota goota »

Badges was just asking me what other projects I had on.

I'm sure we'd all like to hear about each others prop/ costume/ collecting projects and how far we've gotten :p

I'll go first:

MG34/ DLT 19 refurbishment/ molding/ casting. This is stalled till I get through some armour

Atari Star Wars Cockpit restoration. More like a resurrection really. This thing is in bits, every piece needs a reco, I only have half the running gear and am halfway through restoring the main side panels.

Vintage action figure collection. I think I've got stupid Yak face and maybe an Ewok? Collection is in a display case in the garage!

Ok who's next?
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by farmboynz »

for me it is gi joe at the moment

just finishing off some painting of some different vehicles, finished off some re paint of some Indiana jones vehicles and about to covert them to cobra vehicles

about to paint a rolling thunder for my brother

need to get some more droid tanks to paint soon
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

Long time fan, recnt (last few years collector) and a newb at any project stuff!

I picked up a cheap E-5 blaster, as used by the battle droids in Ep1, from TradeMe not so long ago, and plan on making it my first hads-on project.
Getting together some resources and then I'll have a go at cutting bits off, glueing, bondo-ing, sanding, painting and weathering it.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it ;)
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

This is a cool thread!

Currently, I have a set of SDS armour to complete, which was a gift from one of my best friends.
oota goota wrote:Atari Star Wars Cockpit restoration. More like a resurrection really. This thing is in bits, every piece needs a reco, I only have half the running gear and am halfway through restoring the main side panels.
Woah, I'm incredibly envious!

That has always been my dream project.
Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

Harvey Mushman wrote:This is a cool thread!

Currently, I have a set of SDS armour to complete, which was a gift from one of my best friends.
A gift from a friend? Wow! Now that's an awesome friend! OMG.
I need more nerdy/geeky Star Wars friends :)

Would love to see build pics and the finished work1
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

-An aluminium dome upgrade for my R2, with all metal fixtures and a periscope. Along with some other Alu upgrade parts.

-1:1 scale radio controlled mouse droid that I haven't touched since building the RC chassis. Need to get onto the body work. (Vac formed styrene body)

-Set of R&D OG armour parts that I plan on being a very well worn dirty Sandtrooper when I get around to it.

-Hasbro E11 blaster with a Doopy Doo kit that I haven't started.

-Life size Dalek that I started a few years ago.

-A large set of glass door cabinets that I bought off trademe and need to fit into my man shed for the 'Toy' collection.

-An old Rocket E61 espresso machine that needs repairing.

-Various bits of AV equipment and speakers/Subwoofers etc that need various amounts of attention to be of any use.

.....basically way too many projects :blink:
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Armante wrote:Long time fan, recnt (last few years collector) and a newb at any project stuff!

I picked up a cheap E-5 blaster, as used by the battle droids in Ep1, from TradeMe not so long ago, and plan on making it my first hads-on project.
Getting together some resources and then I'll have a go at cutting bits off, glueing, bondo-ing, sanding, painting and weathering it.

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it ;)
Oh man I have one of those too. Never did anything with it. I hate starting projects that I don't finish but I confess I have a couple of projects that never got off the ground :(

oh yeah good luck
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Harvey Mushman wrote:This is a cool thread!

oota goota wrote:Atari Star Wars Cockpit restoration. More like a resurrection really. This thing is in bits, every piece needs a reco, I only have half the running gear and am halfway through restoring the main side panels.
Woah, I'm incredibly envious!

That has always been my dream project.

Wow that's a mighty fine gift!

Come up for a game when it's finished (don't hold your breath). there were only 2500 of these every made world wide. I reckon there'd be less that 200 or so now. And I think there's only 3 in New Zealand that I know of.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Bazzack wrote:-An aluminium dome upgrade for my R2, with all metal fixtures and a periscope. Along with some other Alu upgrade parts.

-1:1 scale radio controlled mouse droid that I haven't touched since building the RC chassis. Need to get onto the body work. (Vac formed styrene body)

-Set of R&D OG armour parts that I plan on being a very well worn dirty Sandtrooper when I get around to it.

-Hasbro E11 blaster with a Doopy Doo kit that I haven't started.

-Life size Dalek that I started a few years ago.

-A large set of glass door cabinets that I bought off trademe and need to fit into my man shed for the 'Toy' collection.

-An old Rocket E61 espresso machine that needs repairing.

-Various bits of AV equipment and speakers/Subwoofers etc that need various amounts of attention to be of any use.

.....basically way too many projects :blink:
Ok Bazzack you get top prize for most projects on the go, unless anyone can beat that?

I might have more bits for you for your armour. It's come a long way since then so get in touch when you start :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Cool thread, I had better contribute seeing as though I put my :2cents: in with Oota,
I still have my mini tie pilot helmets on the go, I finished a couple as gifts for school galas and a deserving kid.
I have the snow trooper shoulder bells that I haven't got around to finishing quite yet for Postie but will get onto it next.
I am in the process of trying to get my anarchy design Darth Vader helmet completed for the movie premiere in December.
I am also going to make my own Darth Vader helmet from scratch starting with a clay sculpt then going onto fiber glassing etc etc, I would like to try and do for Vader what Oota does for the Storm trooper suits, someday maybe.
I am also working on LED downlights for my workshop as I recycle these from a local lighting supplier that we buy from frequently.
And one day I would like to do some of the panels for 6th scale figures from the death star with the light up white tic tac shaped panels inserts.
Well that is it apart from my Cylon build, helmet gloves and boots to start along with a new helmet that I am starting on for same project. :)
That is it at the moment, but it's all in bits and pieces and when I can do stuff I want to do, you have to be in the mood, have the time and motivation to get going.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.