What's on your workbench?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by badges2nz »

Oh I forgot I also have my original Darth Vader 12" action figure that has his arms broken off and I have to try to get these reattached in some way.
:D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

badges2nz wrote:And one day I would like to do some of the panels for 6th scale figures from the death star with the light up white tic tac shaped panels inserts.
Oh, that would be COOL. Would go really nicely in my display case. I gotta look into making something like that.
Then maybe some sort of dune setting for my Sandtroopers..

What an awesome idea
Attachments
_DSC3531 1080.jpg
_DSC3531 1080.jpg (574.95 KiB) Viewed 8514 times
20150913_155627 FB.jpg
20150913_155627 FB.jpg (617.82 KiB) Viewed 8514 times
Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

[quote="oota goota"Oh man I have one of those too. Never did anything with it. I hate starting projects that I don't finish but I confess I have a couple of projects that never got off the ground :([/quote]

If I don't totally stuff mine up you can send me yours to do. Then I'll swap it for one of your DLT-19s ;)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

badges2nz wrote:Cool thread, I had better contribute seeing as though I put my :2cents: in with Oota,
I still have my mini tie pilot helmets on the go, I finished a couple as gifts for school galas and a deserving kid.
I have the snow trooper shoulder bells that I haven't got around to finishing quite yet for Postie but will get onto it next.
I am in the process of trying to get my anarchy design Darth Vader helmet completed for the movie premiere in December.
I am also going to make my own Darth Vader helmet from scratch starting with a clay sculpt then going onto fiber glassing etc etc, I would like to try and do for Vader what Oota does for the Storm trooper suits, someday maybe.
I am also working on LED downlights for my workshop as I recycle these from a local lighting supplier that we buy from frequently.
And one day I would like to do some of the panels for 6th scale figures from the death star with the light up white tic tac shaped panels inserts.
Well that is it apart from my Cylon build, helmet gloves and boots to start along with a new helmet that I am starting on for same project. :)
That is it at the moment, but it's all in bits and pieces and when I can do stuff I want to do, you have to be in the mood, have the time and motivation to get going.
ha ha wow I am suddenly feeling heaps better about my project list! I feel lighter somehow :p

would love to see that Darth Vader sculpt. Very tricky but there's lot of reference material around these days good luck!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Armante wrote:[quote="oota goota"Oh man I have one of those too. Never did anything with it. I hate starting projects that I don't finish but I confess I have a couple of projects that never got off the ground :(
If I don't totally stuff mine up you can send me yours to do. Then I'll swap it for one of your DLT-19s ;)[/quote]

:D
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

I also have my man cave to sort out :D
Last edited by badges2nz on Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

ha ha wow I am suddenly feeling heaps better about my project list! I feel lighter somehow :p

would love to see that Darth Vader sculpt. Very tricky but there's lot of reference material around these days good luck![/quote]

It will be a long process, I'm buying clay as and when I can afford it from Trig instruments in Wellington, I have about 10 packs now which might do half the face plate :?
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

A few of my Star Wars costumes got put on hold while I focused on another project, but I'm looking forward to getting back into things in the coming months :) My current 'in progress' projects are -

Fem TIE Pilot
Juno Eclipse
X-Wing pilot
Boushh
Arica
Bastila Shan
Visas Marr
Atris
The very long term Queen Amidala project (started in '08)
costumes.jpg
costumes.jpg (358.76 KiB) Viewed 8502 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

soooo just a few costumes then :). But seriously I'm looking forward to seeing your TIE pilot and Boushh good luck!

pics are a good idea:

my cabinet has not advanced much from this:

mg 34 still looks like this :)

Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

At the moment I have:

Helmet coms v.1 & v.2 (neither working very well - yet)
Rebel Fleet Trooper - waiting on Helmet
Imperial Gunner v.5 - also waiting on Helmet
Display wall, more on the computer desktop rather than workbench...