Headpiece to the Staff of Ra

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Headpiece to the Staff of Ra

Post by badges2nz »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
badges2nz wrote:Is he in NZ and would he object to having reference photos taken for sizing and detail? :)
Unfortunately, it seems that he's keeping the pieces out of the limelight... given how rare these are, which is kind of an understatement, I can understand that (but I also want a set, too, so I did complain).
I can understand this also, fair enough,thank you for trying anyways. :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
badges2nz wrote:Thats really nice work, do you take orders? :)
By the way, I'm thinking of doing a small run of the alloy pieces, if anyone is keen?
I take it the alloy is a bit lighter in weight, I might be keen, is there much of a difference in price to bronze?
Would I be able to find out who you use for your lost wax work as I would like to try a project in aluminium.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Hey, another reference to Raiders in The Clone Wars!
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
badges2nz wrote:Is he in NZ and would he object to having reference photos taken for sizing and detail? :)
Unfortunately, it seems that he's keeping the pieces out of the limelight... given how rare these are, which is kind of an understatement, I can understand that (but I also want a set, too, so I did complain).
I have seen pictures of the angels and even one under the wings, would he be able to take a side shot of one next to an item that we know by size reference like a coke can, that way he can stay anonymous.
If I have something to compare to size wise, I can have a go at sculpting one to cast from.
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

badges2nz wrote:I take it the alloy is a bit lighter in weight, I might be keen, is there much of a difference in price to bronze?
Would I be able to find out who you use for your lost wax work as I would like to try a project in aluminium.
Hi Badges

In case you're looking at doing some aluminium casting, I've got two full bags of casting plaster. Save you having to buy any. About 40 kg all up!

Also, the local glass artists in Waverley do all their own lost wax, in case you want me to make some enquiries.

Phil
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Blaxmyth wrote:
badges2nz wrote:I take it the alloy is a bit lighter in weight, I might be keen, is there much of a difference in price to bronze?
Hi Badges

In case you're looking at doing some aluminium casting, I've got two full bags of casting plaster. Save you having to buy any. About 40 kg all up!

Also, the local glass artists in Waverley do all their own lost wax, in case you want me to make some enquiries.

Phil
Hey Phil,
That would be fantastic, I would eventually like to set up my own small foundry to tackle bits and pieces.
If you could find out for me what they can do, I'm looking at a project helmet size in Aluminium for a different franchise sci fi helmet.
Blaxmyth
Commander
Commander

Post by Blaxmyth »

I'll try to get in to see the glass folks in the next week or so, plus next time I come past your way, I'll bring a bag of the plaster. But I might wait till you've moved into your new warehouse!
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Sweet, Thank you, I'll pm you with details, ta :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Harvey Mushman wrote:
badges2nz wrote:Thats really nice work, do you take orders? :)
By the way, I'm thinking of doing a small run of the alloy pieces, if anyone is keen?
Sorry for slightly highjacking your thread there Harvey, What will these ones go for?
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I haven't thought that far ahead, sorry!

I'll see what I can rustle up...