Don Post Deluxe ESB Darth Vader #45

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Don Post Deluxe ESB Darth Vader #45

Post by fredstar »

So...after almost 20 years of searching I finally managed to get my very own DP Deluxe ESB Vader from a collector on the RPF who due to financial hardship had to give up his prize possession.

Luckily I showed him my already vast Vader collection/obsession and so was chosen to be bestowed with the honor of owning this beautiful piece of Star Wars collector history.

Due to it's age (made in 1995) the glue that held the lenses in was totally worn, however I think I can easily repair this by using either a heat-glue gun or some E6000 to keep them in again. For the purpose of photography, I simply held them in with some good old Blu-Tack ;)

And so, here he is :vader:

badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Don Post Deluxe ESB Darth Vader #45

Post by badges2nz »

That looks great, nice collection :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

awesome!
cadium
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cadium »

Those Don Post deluxe helmets really do look great. That's a fantastic buy fredstar. I'm waiting for a Darth Ugly helmet (ESB) kit to be made for me, from the UK. Ordered from the RPF through bookface.
I really like the widow's peak and meaner look of the ANH helmet but I wanted it shinier and not as beaten up looking so I went for the ESB.
The T-H-X account is six percent over budget. The case is to be terminated.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I agree dude, even though the color scheme is flipped and there's a slight flare in the neck, the Don Post still holds it's own as looking "screen used"

Darth Ugly is pretty good too, I just didn't like the "eyes" for some reason the tops seems to stick out a bit.

Darth Stone is looking pretty spot on

Oh and here's a helmet from JLC, It looks VERY NICE!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Darth-Vader-hel ... 19f4426aff

cadium
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cadium »

I did look at a lot of helmets. Was keen on a darth stone, but (to put it politely) he seems to be having supply issues.

Nearly fell into the trap of buying a recast master replicas helmet (not labelled as such) before settling on the darth ugly.

I take your meaning about the eyes, perhaps the eyebrows look a little thick? I can probably thin them down. The shape looks pretty good to my (untrained) eye though.
The T-H-X account is six percent over budget. The case is to be terminated.