Custom togruta. Sith? Jedi? Trooper? No idea!

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
mdb
Captain
Captain

Custom togruta. Sith? Jedi? Trooper? No idea!

Post by mdb »

Much as I loved having Shaak Ti as my Giant Alien I have been seeing more and more interesting Togruta designs that do feel properly in keeping with the original design.

I finally patched swtor tonight and was super happy to see some changes made and other perks kept but it was part of the mission to see what the Ashara customisation looked like.

Well, I am a bit in love:

And her in game:
Image Image
I'll hide the UI for next time :)

Anyway, I am currently prepping to create a veritable tribe of Togrua montral for Rebel Legion members (only) so I will be practicing a new set of lekku a he same time to make customisable kits :)

And next step is to work out what her ensembles will be. With aerosil and white pigment I am a bit tempted to go white armour. Just perhaps in a bounty hunter way ;)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Custom togruta. Sith? Jedi? Trooper? No idea!

Post by badges2nz »

Hey Michaela, that looks really good, my daughter wanted an Ahsoka headpiece for a while, she loves her character in the clone wars. :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

togruta x wing pilot? :woot:
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

i am certain that once you take the time to decide which type of stume you wish to make,you will make the right choice.
it will look fantastic,as usual.
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you all for the encouragement:)

Togruta X wing in this colour scheme would be totally retina burning!

hmmmmmmmmmm.......

A few things have fallen foul of plans so far: my latex mix is too pasty, so a good litre of crimson is needed. I forgot I resined my molds so to the liquid soap (for a latex friendly mold release- I was afraid urethane would kill the ultra-cal; experience with Maleficent's spine tells me no.. *cries*.) And finally Maleficent's easy tent gown is far from easy and doing my little brain in ;)

However on the plus side amonia seems to help the sinuses and I have the molds and latex just needs to cure and then paint will be more enjoyable than unpleasant.

Other plus is that I found a contact lens seller and have a set of multipurpose freaky eye lenses- perfect for that togruta look. And another plus is finding eyelashes of epic Ashara scale and shape. It sounds little but is amazingly effective when working with far too much face paint!

*fingers crossed for an Auckland Armagedon release ;) I should be able to knock up a simple skirt and belt to at least go Jedi :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Oh that pink. That pink. It's not going to be that pink once cured but there is some white mixed in so it won't be as clear as I wanted. But... soooo piiiink.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

nice mould mdb!
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thanks Jon :) It's 3 years old, nearly 4!

Image Image

Wow. Okay. It's cured enough with the increased exposure to air that I got the second and last stablising layer (will add a few filler bits tomorrow.)

It's definitely curing deeper than I feared, so hooray! But also yay for thickener doing the job and not inhibiting cure :) Also it should mean I don't have to turn the darn thing as it is very very very heavy.

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/costume- ... /shaak-ti/
http://www.arrayedindreams.com/costume- ... unleashed/
Finally got the two pages of previous togruta up :) Some mold photos in there L)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool project. I'm a big fan of latex aliens...firstly, because they're just straight-up awesome as costume concepts, and secondarily, because you can slap them together with armour, jedi, or pilot gear to make a variety of characters.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

mdb wrote:Thanks Jon :) It's 3 years old, nearly 4!

wow really that's impressive and the sign of a mould well made :). Looking forward to seeing your progress mdb