Custom togruta. Sith? Jedi? Trooper? No idea!

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
mdb
Captain
Captain

Re: Custom togruta. Sith? Jedi? Trooper? No idea!

Post by mdb »

In tidying the workroom the stretch twill came down from the wall to be replaced any another backdrop and so there may just be enough of the fabric to dye for....X wing overalls!
There was some slumping over night, but the colour is getting richer :)

And yep, aliens can pop in to all kinds of different options :) Jedi, senator, dancer, pilot... Maybe not as easily with the Empire but I do still keep imagining how to make helmets work ;)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Excited to see your custom togruta design :) I love that new Ashara customization, I have my fingers crossed so much that the new look may mean we'll see togruta added as playable in 3.0 in December.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

The first cast is a bit.. floppy ;) So I'll need to play a game of repair and restore. Sadly she won't be ready for Auckland, unless the butterfly butt cured miraculously while not looking at it :)

Ashara is seriously so pretty, togruta have been a really want species for ages, I suspect any issues will be to do with what can be customised and clipping both of which people have dealt with with their twilek :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Sorry for the spammy reply ;) I think I may have sorted the mold issue for the back lekku (butterfly butt- it looks like the abdomen of a puriri moth or monarch butterfly) I opened the mold and yep, still wet as it vacsealed itself. So I opened the back and am leaving it to hopefully cure quite quickly over the next short while. If not, I do know (know) how to use the mold for casting in latex :)

It had been used for S-foam 48 and so doesn't really work for slip latex. Sigh.

Big pinkish butterfly butt out on the lawn... luckily the neighbours already know about the weird stuff XD
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

mdb wrote:...togruta have been a really want species for ages...
Have heard pretty solid confirmation that Togruta are imminent in SWTOR - not in 3.0, but possibly 3.1 or 3.2 (ie, early next year).
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

They finally publicly confirmed at the SWCA cantina event that yep they are :) Someone asked about wookies and they said welll there is one.. oh can we say? And they did :)
I have since the last update:
A montral cast that is surviving lots of moving :) In that dark crimson of Ashara.
New wiggly and shaped with curves lekku.

I've mainly bee playing with where I need to reinforce the neck and horns before busting out my dremel and polishing disc to buff out nubblies.
Then the patterns will be added in thick white latex:
And then zap with the airbrush to shade and blend.

This is super light compared to even my lekku. So fun :)

Edit, though my life is currentlt revolving around Elsa (I get to interact with people so much more and get to make people happy with talking about things they are passionate about- hoping Ahsoka will do this for my Star Wars costuming :). http://www.arrayedindreams.com/blog/ just for about as far from any kind of work I do with SW as it is possible to get really!

Oh I'm going to attempt a "paint" technique I have mentioned in my variou smakeup/paint blogs but I'll try for a step by step.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Nice work Michaela. Looking forward to seeing your paint application.

If I calculate correctly, the livestream where they finally reveal playable Togruta will be this Thursday, 9am NZT. :)