OGA helmet version 2!

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Re: OGA helmet version 2!

Post by batmanreturns »

hi john,
i love your work. i would like to buy one of your buckets.
hope we can talk soon :)
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

batmanreturns wrote:hi john,
i love your work. i would like to buy one of your buckets.
hope we can talk soon :)
Thanks BMR! I'll pm you soon...ish
SlyClone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SlyClone »

oota goota wrote:Hey all did my first pulls of the version 2 bucket. Overall I'm pretty happy with the results the changes are small and subtle but the overall look of the helmet I think is good.

The main changes can be more easily seen at the centre of the eyes and the height of the teeth. They are both about 4 -5mm taller. The tear drops post vac pull are slightly bigger, the lower jaw is more tapered on the right hand side which is a good correction IMO.

Sooooo yeah it still looks like my sculpt, still looks like a stormtrooper but has a few wee improvements. Anyway I hope everyone likes the newish look! I'll put together a helmet to see how a complete one looks

In the mean time my plastic supplier insists on sending me this semi-gloss ABS rather than the high gloss stuff I have been enjoying for the last few months. Sigh..... the plastic polishes up fine but it's not my preferred type so I will chase them up (again) in the hope I can get the good stuff.

After that I will start pulling some helmets especially for those of you who have been waiting so patiently :) Oota Goota Industries can only operate on Saturdays at the moment so production is going to sadly be a bit slow for a while.

New faceplate is on the left, old bucket I am doing up is on the right
Looks great mate. Hope your supploer sorts their crap out asap!!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Thanks Sly yeah man it's a PITA!! The stuff they have sent me will polish up to a high shine so it's useable and I've seen a lot of other helmets pulled with a satin finish BUT I'd rather not have to do deal with that. The high gloss ABS is out there, it's awesome to work with, it looks fantastic SO SUPPLY IT TO ME :tusken2:

Ok thanks man rant over I feel better now :)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

That helmet is starting to look really great, I can see what you mean with the slight and subtle differences with the changes made. :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Postie
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Postie »

Great work fella! The eyes/nose areas are looking good :-)
I've found that the size & shape of the tubes can be changed a fair bit by the way the ear caps are trimmed & attached so there's always a bit of room to move there.

Cheers
Col
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Looking good brother! I think that small adjustment to the eyes will increase the overall look dramatically!

Keep it up!

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Postie wrote:Great work fella! The eyes/nose areas are looking good :-)
I've found that the size & shape of the tubes can be changed a fair bit by the way the ear caps are trimmed & attached so there's always a bit of room to move there.

Cheers
Col
thanks bro yeah you are right there's definitely flexibility there. I think I'll put one together first before making any more changes :blink:
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

thehiflyer wrote:Looking good brother! I think that small adjustment to the eyes will increase the overall look dramatically!

Keep it up!

Cheers
Hads
yeah it's looking good cheers Hads. Closer to a screen used while still looking like the OG bucket :)
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Good to see you on Sat Jon, here are some pics of your new LID side by side (left-right) next to your version 1.0, AP and the new 2.0 which looked even better up close :D