A new Bounty Hunter-Shae Vizla The Old Republic

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: A new Bounty Hunter-Shae Vizla The Old Republic

Post by Anaria »

You looked amazing, I just love the armour - fantastic paint job :) You were a hit with the 501st and Mando guys :)

Shae Vizla on the Death Star
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Freekin awesome! :woot:
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Bazzack wrote:Freekin awesome! :woot:
I second that!
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you. :) I've had so man amazing compliments, Kristy know who most makes me want to cry when I get one from this person- he is an icon in the Star Wars costuming community.

This was a real reveleation of an event. So many fans and so many of the various groups and so welcoming of me and Angela As mara. no that So fun.

Got some card from great people. Dinner where i cried due o the hard decisions for the cosplay.

I apologise for typos going through as I am genuinely sick and about to crash,

I will have a list of what to do next :) Tomorrow.

(Even I couldn't work out what I was trying to say- food poisoning and a long day made me a tad loooooopy ;) )
Last edited by mdb on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

wow mdb! .....ummmm... wow!!! :woot:
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Absolutely incredible mdb! Vizla is one of my favourite TOR characters, so it's so cool to see her brought to life like this. Many thanks for letting us watch this amazing costume come together. I can't wait to see what you've got planned next!
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you oota and Archon :)

I brought the costume over to Melbourne hoping to finish a few pieces at the venue. ust some velcro dots to hold things in place and snaps for ditto.

But Shoe Goo (or E6000 by any other name -the differences are so minor and the first can bebought anywhere if you need it in a rush) is so incredibly smelly that I chouldn't use it on site or in the hotel room and had to kept locked in a Systema box inside a larger box I used to transport the costume :)

Oh yeah, I did manage to transport all that armour in a regular travel bag (plastic 30L container) and carry on safely. I know there was a lot of pressure on my bag as my Imperial Officer was stuck to the back plate... and everything survived.

Epoxy resin fibreglass may be harder to work with but boy does it create a light but strong and flexible armour. Just use with care.

So next up:
Redo my foot armour like I did for my knee. I have molds but they warped and I do not want to play with resin again until after Geddon. Sheet PVC cut and glued with PVC weld.

Punch holes in the belt for my pouches and back cannister.

Butt armour flangey thing.

Sacrifice my walk everywhere ankle boots to be silvered.

Trim bottom of shin plates.

Sew velcro to bodysuit glue matching on thigh plates. The plates are done and i took them with me but couldn't wrangle a way to keep them in place.

Gun! People did indeed have things confiscated at the airport and mine would have been had we been xrayed so I left it at home to assemble.

Than you again, I hope to see everyone at Armageddon :) I'll pretty much be living in this costume the whole weekend :) I have a touch of food poisoning but will be getting to work tonight again :)
Deadalus Thorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deadalus Thorn »

IMPRESSIVE!!!!
Just absolutely Impressive.....
wow.......you don't even look like you............
Kind Regards
Deadalus Thorn

Feel free to join our Facebook group
SDT replica props and costumes
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 108&ref=mf
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you :) If you are mandoing it up at the venue I'd love to get photos :) I had so much fun with the Mercs across the ditch :) I have only a few photos on my phone but I'm bringing my camera to Auckland as we have cosplay lackeys, er, volunteers minding the desk so I have a place to store a small bag :)

I should have those repairs done by the time I get on site :) Just no light up yet :(

addit so as not to inflate my post count artificially:
http://neimhaille.tumblr.com/

I'm adding photos from facebook here as my personal profile is private (though I have a page which feels weird, but it means people can contact me if they only use facebook) :)
Deadalus Thorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deadalus Thorn »

mdb wrote:Thank you :) If you are mandoing it up at the venue I'd love to get photos :)
It would be my honour :)
I should be suiting up this year with Mr Fett, because I have been slack with finishing new projects, so there is really only him and the spartan (lol chubby spartan....not a good look)

not sure what day yet though, and there are one or 2 others that may be wearing Boba.
Kind Regards
Deadalus Thorn

Feel free to join our Facebook group
SDT replica props and costumes
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 108&ref=mf