Female stormtrooper armour build

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Female stormtrooper armour build

Post by MattG »

I think you've hit this one out of the park in terms of aesthetics. I really like the contrast between the coordinated curves and the sharp/hard elements like the forearm-elbow projection, angle at the bottom of the shoulder bell, and the pectoral vertices and edges.
cadium
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cadium »

Simply amazing. Easily the best rendition of a female stormtrooper I have seen.
The proportions look top notch and despite the changes to the film suits it is still undeniably a stormtrooper.
I would like to see a version with a "double bubble" on the butt plate to show the femininity of that area (subtly, of course). Other folk may well disagree.
The T-H-X account is six percent over budget. The case is to be terminated.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Anaria wrote:
omg.gif
fry.gif
Seriously, loving it - the curves and the way it looks great on a variety of women, really well done :D

Hey Anaria thanks mate! It means a lot and thanks for all your help and advice :) I'm going to tweak a few things here and there but yeah I reckon it's basically done :woot: There might be a very reasonably priced prototype suit available if you're interested :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Bazzack wrote:Great job Jon!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Bazzack it was a fun photoshoot!
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

thehiflyer wrote:Great job brother!
Thank you bro female stormtroopers have been done before I really like the GG statue form and it was very satisfying to take those great designs and apply them to the tk form that we all know and love :woot:
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:I think you've hit this one out of the park in terms of aesthetics. I really like the contrast between the coordinated curves and the sharp/hard elements like the forearm-elbow projection, angle at the bottom of the shoulder bell, and the pectoral vertices and edges.
Thanks MG! Yeah I think the armour suits that sharp clean line thing. It looks like a lot of making this suit work is in the trimming and adding those little touches made it look cooler, more distinct but still tk-ish.

I've been watching the rpf thread I put up had nearly 600 views in a few days. So probably there's about 6 or 7 people looking at it over there :D
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

cadium wrote:Simply amazing. Easily the best rendition of a female stormtrooper I have seen.
The proportions look top notch and despite the changes to the film suits it is still undeniably a stormtrooper.
I would like to see a version with a "double bubble" on the butt plate to show the femininity of that area (subtly, of course). Other folk may well disagree.
wow thanks Cadium! Yeah it's obviously an EU kind of thing but what I'm really happy about is the way the same rough trimmed suit fit four different people without too much fuss. I was a bit worried the chestplate wouldn't fit round the abplate (I will deny this later on) but it fit everytime.

Yes I take your point about the butt plate. I thought long and hard about this element (I'm not saying I think about butts a lot) but in the end I couldn't make up my mind and went for the simplest lines as a starting point. I'll see what kind of feedback I get from folk if more people say go the double bubble I'll do a mock up and see how it looks.

Actually now I remember the other reason was a simple shape like that will allow for different butts to fit into the same shape. The photoshoot definitely confirmed that for me. Still there's always room for custom butt plates I guess. Ok enough about butts:)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

ha ha ha two years later here's the first bucket!

badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

I think the armor looks great, the Helmet is fantastic :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

thanks man just got to put the two together now :)