Liquid latex supplier anywhere?

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Monkeypaw
Ensign
Ensign

Liquid latex supplier anywhere?

Post by Monkeypaw »

Hi guy's, thought I'd ask here as there's a wealth of local knowledge on prop building.

I'm looking for some liquid latex about 100ml in toto & I've only been able to source it by the vat so far, which is a tad more than my needs are.

Just wondered without having to import it if any one knows of a NZ source & could share?

Many thanks in advance for any help.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Liquid latex supplier anywhere?

Post by oota goota »

hey monkeypaw I've got some at work that we used last year. I'll try and remember to track it down and get a supplier for you. I have almost no short term memory at the moment but I'll do my best :blink:
HamYoyo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by HamYoyo »

Give these guys a try, they should be able to hook you up:

http://www.topmark.co.nz/articlelive/ar ... -View.html
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Also Gordon Harris has thickened and regular latex (I prefer thickened) and I think TAS Arts in Takapuna and quite probably the French Art Shop in Ponsonby :)

I know, looking online for product here is horrible! I found most of this by wandering and asking at the counter ;) Gordon Harris also has a shipping service (they are at least North Island wide) and are very cheap in that regard. Pretty fast too. It's cheaper in time and money overall for me to have it couriered than it is for me to travel to the city to get it ;)
Monkeypaw
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkeypaw »

Thanks oota if you could that would be great, if & when you remember just drop me a pm. :cool:

Thanks Hamyoyo I'll check them out in the meantime. :)

mdb wow you've got retailers coming out the kazoo compared to whats available in the BOP area, I might have to get a long shopping list together & make a day out of it in the AUK area.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

mdb wrote:...and I think TAS Arts in Takapuna ...
You can order online from TAS: http://www.tasart.co.nz/search/?vq=latex
Monkeypaw
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkeypaw »

MattG wrote:
mdb wrote:...and I think TAS Arts in Takapuna ...
You can order online from TAS: http://www.tasart.co.nz/search/?vq=latex
Thanks Matt when I get past the firewalls @ work I'll give that a try. :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

sigh sorry monkeypaw I keep forgetting about the latex supplier, I have no short term memory to speak of :blink: blame it on the sleep dep that comes with a new born! I will endevour to get you a brand soon
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

hey monkeypaw not much luck. we get our stuff from topmark (up). Theres another outfit called rla supplies but I know zip about them good luck!