Summer Project: Arcade Cabinet

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Summer Project: Arcade Cabinet

Post by thehiflyer »

Hi all,

I finished up 90% of the cabinet over the weekend and had it up and running on Sunday - I still have a front panel to install, t mold trim to add and to do up art for the marquee, bezel and sides (eventually).

Here are the rest of my build photos :

Filled in the screw holes and build scars - also gave it two coats of Resene QD primer and two coats of white lustracryl - not pictured :)

Added automotive vinyl wrap to the control panel, assembled the buttons and wired everything up.

Once I do up my marquee art ill fit properly, right now tape is holding it together.

My current bezel is a piece of corrugated/ribbed plastic sheet stuff from warehouse stationery, once I do the art ill place a sheet of Perspex over the screen and bezel to make it all shiny.

I extended the vinyl wrap down the front to cover up some dodgy work and break up all of the white.

Current state of completion - You can see the pc and stereo just below the control panel, ive been thinking of the fronts form factor as ive been using it and i havent quite decided on a door, drawer or to just keep it bare but im otherwise very happy with it and have been putting it through its paces all week :)

Cheers
Hads
Last edited by thehiflyer on Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

awesomeness! looking great dude!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Awesome; you've done great work.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Thanks guys ,that means a lot coming from you guys :)

I've decided to use the bottom of the cabinet as storage to help my table stay clutter free.

Cheers
Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

That rules Hads! Great job.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel