Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Introductions

Post by Bartheda »

MattG wrote:Welcome to the forums Bartheda. Was that you that came past the 501st booth in your Luke costume at Auckland Armageddon?
It sure was, great day out that.
karamea
Ensign
Ensign

Post by karamea »

Hello all I'm Kara.

I was 13 when Star wars came out so pretty much target audience and I've been a fan ever since. Back then there wasn't much in the way of merchandise and movie memorabelia so I never amassed any kind of a collection. It's never too late I guess but now my 6 year old son has 2 large R2-D2 toys, 2 Darth vader helmets, 3 trooper helmets and 5 lightsabers. All toys but I've been starting to think about getting something for the old man... maybe a full size R2-D2? I've always been interested in robots and mechanics. but who knows.

It was a happy accident stumbling on to your excellent website. Thanks for having me on board.
Don't make me destroy you
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi Kara, welcome to the SWNZ boards :)

You are amongst many fans here who grew up through the early times of the hobby, and who are now sharing their passion with the next generation :) Threre are also a good few fans of life-size props here too, including astromechs (it's an old thread, but here's a few posts related to my personal R2 build)
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Hello there,

I'm a collector based in Taranaki and have been collecting now for as long as I can remember.

It all started for me, like a lot of collectors, by trying to track down some of the figures I lost during my childhood and it just kept growing and growing. My collection is quite varied as I've started buying things that catch my eye instead of anything and everything with a Star Wars logo slapped on it.

Over the past few years I have been picking up a few bootleg pieces because I love that some are so bad they're awesome haha.

Look forward to chatting, Aaron
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hey Aaron, good to see you on these boards! How's that TK bucket project coming along?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi AaroKin,

Welcome to our boards. :) Enjoy the stay. We also have a FB Group, but the advantage of these forums is that threads are searchable and archived, so some good discussion topics stick around permanently. Feel free to join in any conversation, including old threads, and start new ones (...show off your collection and collectibles).
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Archon Revuge wrote:Hey Aaron, good to see you on these boards! How's that TK bucket project coming along?
Hi there Archon.....Pretty good thanks mate, I really appreciate you getting me in touch with Jon. We're catching up in a few days so I can hopefully put an order in.
MattG wrote:Hi AaroKin,

Welcome to our boards. :) Enjoy the stay. We also have a FB Group, but the advantage of these forums is that threads are searchable and archived, so some good discussion topics stick around permanently. Feel free to join in any conversation, including old threads, and start new ones (...show off your collection and collectibles).
Cheers Matt......I'm looking forward to some good positive SWs chats. I think I'm about the last person on earth without a FB page lol so I'll just have to stick to the boards hahahaha
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

AaroKin wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:Hey Aaron, good to see you on these boards! How's that TK bucket project coming along?
Hi there Archon.....Pretty good thanks mate, I really appreciate you getting me in touch with Jon. We're catching up in a few days so I can hopefully put an order in.
Fantastic!
DVDGameGirl
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DVDGameGirl »

MattG wrote:Introductory posts are not compulsory, but they certainly help us get to know each other, and get a feel for those who share the same Star Wars hobbies and interests.

If you want to get the ball rolling on your post count, do so here by telling us about your Star Wars collection and passions.

:)
Hello,
I am Natasha and I collect Star Wars toys. I mainly collect 3.75 inch but have recently started collecting the Black Series. Star Wars toy collecting is my main hobby as well as watching DVDs - I had until recently a video shop which had 40,000 DVDs most of which I have kept. I also have a pop culture business so import toys including Star Wars and have a stand every year at the Armageddon expos. I am looking forward to meeting like minded Star Wars enthusiasts :-) I am so thrilled to have found a Star Wars club in New Zealand!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

DVDGameGirl wrote:Hello,
I am Natasha and I collect Star Wars toys. I mainly collect 3.75 inch but have recently started collecting the Black Series. Star Wars toy collecting is my main hobby as well as watching DVDs - I had until recently a video shop which had 40,000 DVDs most of which I have kept. I also have a pop culture business so import toys including Star Wars and have a stand every year at the Armageddon expos. I am looking forward to meeting like minded Star Wars enthusiasts :-) I am so thrilled to have found a Star Wars club in New Zealand!
Hey Natasha - sounds like an interesting background you've got. Look forward to hearing about your business, and what toys you imports/have access to importing.