Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
Armante
Commander
Commander

Re: Introductions

Post by Armante »

Haha thanks MattG and Eng76!
L1ng
Cadet
Cadet

Post by L1ng »

Hi all. I'm Ling and I just got on the star wars craze partly due to my boyfriend (he's a huge fan of star wars with a whole cabinet of star wars stuff locked up) and also because I got really interested after seeing videos online of the space opera doing the imperial march symphony! So much so that I went ahead and bought my boyfriend a set of the space opera.

So I hope to know more about star wars and hopefully find places here in welly that sells special star wars stuff that I can collect!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Welcome to the boards L1ng! Great to see some more Star Wars fans from Wellington. We run regular SWNZ meet-ups in town, so hopefully we'll see you and your boyfriend at one in the near-future.

If you're after Star Wars collectibles in Wellington, both Pulsar Max on Manners Street and Graphic Comics on Cuba Mall are great places to start.
L1ng
Cadet
Cadet

Post by L1ng »

Thanks! I ought to drop by at the shops after my exams!

My boyfriend is not here in welly actually. :lol: He's working in Japan now and boy, it's a star wars haven there! The japanese are so crazy about star wars too!

He just acquired a set of the new Space Opera Music Figures set from Takara Tomy. Super cute!

So, if anybody wants to get some japan exclusive star wars stuff, I may be able to help too!
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Hi L1ng,
Welcome to the boards.
If you are after some unique star wars gifts and are visiting Otaki, pop into Planet retro sci fi & geek.
Di makes dresses from fabric with star wars prints along with pillows and beanies, just to mention a few things.
That's Otaki New Zealand not Otaki Japan. :) but that might work too!!!
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
MissMaddy
Cadet
Cadet

Post by MissMaddy »

Hey there guys,

I'm Maddy, or MissMaddy and I'm super new here. I've been a fan of Star Wars for a while now, my first Star Wars cosplay was Princess Leia back in primary school. This year I made my first real costume (Sabine Wren) with the help of my Mum and wore it to Auckland Armageddon. I'm pretty young, I've just turned 18 this month and I'm new to using forums, so please be patient with me and I look forward to hanging out with you guys :)
"Forget the explosion, look at the colour."
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Welcome to the boards Maddy!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome Maddy. I hope you enjoyed Armageddon...feel free to post pics if you've got any.
wanderlustin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wanderlustin »

Welcome, Maddy! Are you the cosplayer Michaela and I talked to on the cnz page? Awesome to have you here :D
Edward26
Commander
Commander

Post by Edward26 »

Welcome Maddy! Welcome to the community.
We saw you on Saturday!
My daughter was so excited to see Sabine in person.
Well done on the costume and the art work.
Keep up the good work.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.