Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
blaijse
Cadet
Cadet

Re: Introductions

Post by blaijse »

Hey guys!

Belated Happy New Year!

I'm Ruby.
I'm currently a uni student, from and based in Auckland.

Been on the Star Wars craze since 2010.
Not many of my friends or family are big fans of SW, so I'm pretty stoked to have stumbled across this forum and have the opportunity to talk to some fellow SW fans from NZ!

Just began my SW collection in 2015- albeit a slow process- I got a few black series figures, a framed IV poster (Waiting to get V and VI done too), a personalised Darth Maul print and some comics and books. Looking to make a princess Leia and/or Padme Amidala costume this year, so if anyone has any experience, would love some advice and tips.

Cheers!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome to the forums Blaijse.
blaijse wrote:...Not many of my friends or family are big fans of SW, so I'm pretty stoked to have stumbled across this forum and have the opportunity to talk to some fellow SW fans from NZ!..
That's what we're here for :) Keep an eye on the events section of these forums for our Auckland meet-ups...if you are interested, they can provide an opportunity to check out some Leia costumes and talk to Leia costumer(s).
Galactic James
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Galactic James »

Hi guys, my names James, 21 y/o residing in Albany. My passion for Star Wars started when I was about 6-7, I had read every book/comic available, and had a very large collection of Star Wars items. Unfortunately at the age of 14 my mum past away, which put a end to my passion. All up, when I sold my collection, I made nearly $4500, which wasn't bad for a kid. In the recent few months, with the release of the force awakens, I've had my passion re-ignited, and it's burning brightly. My current collection consists of a few old Figures, and some Lego. Will hopefully be expanding that shortly
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome to the forums James. Nice to hear that you're re-embracing the passion (and sorry about the passing of your mum).
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Welcome, buddy. I hope you will find our shared passion here infectious as well. Thanks for sharing your personal story with us. :)
Alteisen
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Alteisen »

Hi there,

This is Jonathan Sharp.
I'm one of the members of the Rebel Legion.
Im going to be working on my first suit soon.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Alteisen wrote:Hi there,

This is Jonathan Sharp.
I'm one of the members of the Rebel Legion.
Im going to be working on my first suit soon.
Hey Jonathan - welcome, and good to see you over here (sorry I didn't recognise you by your username).
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Welcome Jonathan! :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

Hello

So my online name is Bart or Bartheda and I am a big ol Star Wars fan from way back in the day.
As a matter of fact my earliest memory is of me and my friend from first year of primary school sitting down in my living room to watch Star Wars A New Hope only to have my mum tell me to turn it off as Vader was to scary for him.

I love the movies just like everyone else and am a big fan of the games as well. My favourite Star Wars game was Jedi Academy for the Xbox, as I got to live out my life long fantasy of being trained in the Jedi arts by Master Skywalker.

I have recently jumped into the cosplay world a little bit (I have a brand new kid with my lovely wife so its 90% passion 10% budget hahaha, I'm sure others feel me on that one) and have completed a Luke Skywalker costume that I am pretty proud of in his final duel with Vader costume from Return of the Jedi.

I just saw Rogue One at the release night and loved it.
Thats all
May the Force be with you.

P.S. actually as a final sign off it is holiday season upon typing this and I really just want to say to everyone to be super careful on the roads out there. Have a safe and happy holiday season everyone.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome to the forums Bartheda. Was that you that came past the 501st booth in your Luke costume at Auckland Armageddon?