Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

Post by MattG »

Sledgehama wrote:...
As for the digital editions of the magazine, You basically need to go to:

http://startrekonline.eaglemoss.com/

and do the 'Activate subscription' using your Mycollectibles.co.nz subscription number...
That is useful. I hadn't got around to looking in to that yet.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

That is disappointing news about NZ not getting the specials. Some of them are very cool. While over-priced, the shuttles set is really neat, and the detail on the over-sized JJ-verse ships is beautiful. How far behind the US and UK are NZ subscriptions running?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:That is disappointing news about NZ not getting the specials. Some of them are very cool. While over-priced, the shuttles set is really neat, and the detail on the over-sized JJ-verse ships is beautiful. How far behind the US and UK are NZ subscriptions running?
Turns out they are importing/distributing *some* of the special editions. I recently got sent the larger JJ NCC-1701 (Special Issue no.2). The latest regular issue I've received is no.38.

Image Image
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Oh wow, the big E is looking really nice! Great photographs. 38, huh? That's further along than I had thought NZ was at this point. That's where I am up to with my EM magazine collection as well. Any favourites among the newer acquisitions?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...Any favourites among the newer acquisitions?
I'm due to do some more photos of some of my most recent arrivals, but I am stoked that they're up to up to some of the Vulcan designs...have just got a Surak class in hand.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

That's an elegant ship for sure, and the red-auburn colouring really pops. :D The D'Kyr is a little further down the series, I believe, but should be another attractive addition. I thought the Delta Flyer turned out well, too. I think I like the Starfleet ships the best, but some of the one week wonders have been surprisingly fun as well. Admittedly, my opinions are based off the magazines and not the actual miniatures.

I love that this line is going so deep and that they are making obscure ships that have never been produced in licensed materials before.

I recently got to meet Ben Robinson, who directs the line. He was a super nice bloke and passionate about the work, which comes through his his product, I think. I am envious that he gets to spend time talking with the designers and creators of these ships. We nerded out about Starship design for an hour or two over beers in a basement New York pub. Good times. They are confirmed now for at least 110 issues, plus specials, but he is hoping that patronage will continue and permit them to hit 150 issues. There's certainly the subject matter to sustain that many, if not more.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Oh man, they're going to do an Enterprise J! :)
http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2016/0 ... prise.html
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Looking good, too! I wish she was being done in the larger special size range, but she'll still look great at 5".
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Sadly, our current situation means that this collection is amongst things heading off to TradeMe. :( Being a full-time student again is not financially rewarding. At least I got to photograph them all before they started heading out the door: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattandkr ... 9627130467

This Klingon D4 class, which came as a special issue, is a spectacular model.