Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

Post by MattG »

thehiflyer wrote:Thats some great looking photography there Matt :)
Cheers dude. The translucent plastic used in the nacelles of the Federation ships makes for great backlit pics. I'm looking for shooting some more when I get the next delivery in hand.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

Are they every two weeks like the Batmobiles are with Eaglemoss?
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Anchorhead-Autos wrote:Are they every two weeks like the Batmobiles are with Eaglemoss?
They come out at newsstands every two weeks, but subscribers get deliveries each month (two issues). Because I subscribed a little after the starting date, I think I'm due a few "catch-up" issues with each delivery, as they seem to be trying to get all early subscribers on to the same schedule.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

This is a fantastic series, and looks like it will be a long running one, too - at least 90 ships from what I have read. I'm already committed to a smaller scale Star Trek ship collection so I haven't been buying these (not to mention the ever-present space and cost issues), but I couldn't resist picking up the excellent magazines at least. I struck a deal with a buddy who is selling me his mags at a very reasonable price that offsets the cost of his model collection. Right now I'm up to issue 24. It's becoming really interesting as we get into the more obscure and never before made starships of Trek's vast universe.
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...I struck a deal with a buddy who is selling me his mags at a very reasonable price that offsets the cost of his model collection. Right now I'm up to issue 24. It's becoming really interesting as we get into the more obscure and never before made starships of Trek's vast universe.
That's one way to do it :)

I agree the magazines are definitely worth while...I do read and enjoy them cover-to-cover myself.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

Do these come in the little Perspex display case like the Eaglemoss Batmobiles?
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Anchorhead-Autos wrote:Do these come in the little Perspex display case like the Eaglemoss Batmobiles?
Plastic packaging and convenient glossy boxes (for storing them until we get more shelves set up), but no display cases (just display stands).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here are some photos from the last two waves I've received. I've been compiling a full album here. The NX-01 and K'Tinga Class are superb, with metallic finishes and a wonderful level of detail. The Voyager, unfortunately, feels a bit flat in finish, and has visible sub-component join lines not really evident on the other models.

Image Image Image Image Image
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Defiant! Excelsior! Reliant!

I love these ship designs. :)

Image Image Image Image
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Beautiful pictures, Matt. :) Thanks for sharing them. Are you all in with this series or being selective?

This is a great line so far. I only collect the magazines, thanks to a friend in Canada who is happy to sell his to me, but on their own even they are great. I have up to issue 39 + specials so far and am hungry for the next releases. Ben Robinson, who oversees the line, has confirmed that they are planning at least 90 issues now, with the possibility of more if they continue to do well. I love that they are doing the obscure stuff including ships that have never been made before in addition to miniatures of more well known craft like those in the pictures above.

Anyone interested in what is to come from Eaglemoss can keep abreast of the latest news and rumours, plus make use of the handy checklist catalogued and maintained almost daily over at Memory Alpha.