Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

Post by MattG »

Posting because I know there are at least a couple of other members with an interest in Trek spacecraft :)

I recently subscribed to the "Star Trek Spaceships" part-works magazine from Eaglemoss. I was quite intrigued when I saw it released in the US and UK markets, but didn't realise it was available locally until I saw them advertising at the Auckland Armageddon convention.

The spaceships are very nice, and are in a size that affords some very clean detail. They are slated to carry on for at least 70 issues, so should provide a pretty comprehensive array of vehicles. They are die-cast, with some plastic components. The federation craft employ translucent plastic in the nacelles so that they glow when backlit.

http://startrek-starships.co.nz/

These are a few photos that I took from the first two issues I received. Looking forward to getting all the Enterprises in particular (the TOS version doesn't come until issue 50 though) - there are even rumours that they'll include the Enterprise J!

Image Image Image Image
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Trek Spaceships (Eaglemoss part-works)

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

Wow didn't know they did those. They look cool and the detailing looks amazing! Like the look of the alien ships in the link like the Klingon Bird of Prey. Here's hoping they do some of the more rarer seen ships.

Speaking of which I was watching the classic Trek on the Zone (someone stole Spock's brain lol) last week and it appeared as if they have used cgi to replace the dodgy old special effects shots of the ships. Not happy! It's the creaky old effects that help make the show. Lets hope it was a once off..
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Anchorhead-Autos wrote:Wow didn't know they did those. They look cool and the detailing looks amazing! Like the look of the alien ships in the link like the Klingon Bird of Prey. Here's hoping they do some of the more rarer seen ships...
With 70 issues planned so far, there plenty of cool ships that only appear in single or few episodes. :)
Anchorhead-Autos wrote:...Speaking of which I was watching the classic Trek on the Zone (someone stole Spock's brain lol) last week and it appeared as if they have used cgi to replace the dodgy old special effects shots of the ships. Not happy! It's the creaky old effects that help make the show. Lets hope it was a once off..
The whole Original Series has been remastered with CG spacecraft and exterior space effects. As much as I like the original versions, having watched them in the 70s as a kid, I don't mind the new versions.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here's the Klingon B'rel class Bird-of-Prey, which I also received in my first shipment. The shot with the magazine-sized flier shows scale.

Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

That looks freaking cool! I would be interested to see when they do the classic bird of prey like is featured in tomorrows episode 'The Enterprise Incident' where Kirk tries to steal it's cloaking device. Worth watching alone just to see Shatner in Vulcan ears!
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

it's been a while since i've seen some of those ships, I used to have an enterprise D that had fibre optic lighting throughout the entire model.
That was quite the process to put together but interesting.
I had the uniform for Data along with the makeup and phaser etc etc :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

I must say that the detail is quite impressive for the sizing of these models
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

In your pics is that the Bird of Prey from the 4th Trek film when they travel back in time?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Anchorhead-Autos wrote:In your pics is that the Bird of Prey from the 4th Trek film when they travel back in time?
Yeah, it's supposed to be a B'rel class, from the ST-III and ST-VI (in particular) movies, not the similarly-looking but considerably larger K'vort class cruiser ( <-- depending on your personal take on the size/scale inconsistencies amongst Klingon vessels).
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Thats some great looking photography there Matt :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE