Database errors (05 Nov 2011)

Official announcements about the SWNZ forums and website; learn about the new software and post any questions or bug reports.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Database errors (05 Nov 2011)

Post by MattG »

The forums are currently experiencing a few issues originating at the hosting service's database server. They are in the process of ironing things out...if you get an error message of any sort when viewing the forums, please just refresh and/or return later while we sort it all out.

Within a month or so, the database will undergo a significant upgrade (to MySQL 5.0) which is a long-awaited improvement (that hopefully won't involve too much work).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Database errors (05 Nov 2011)

Post by MattG »

Just an update/FYI...the Server Host is still working on this (but at least they have acknowledged it, can replicate it, and have had the same report from other customers). In the meantime, the database is being backed up multiple times per day (as per usual), so posts and accounts are safe. Please bear with me while we get this ironed out. :)
Yahoo! Small Business System Status wrote:11/04/11
07:18 AM PST: MySQL database repair may cause the database to lock...

We are aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

05:54 PM PST
We are continuing to investigate the cause of this problem. We will provide further updates once they are available.

11:18 AM PST
(11/5/2011) Thank you for your patience while our engineering team continues to work toward a resolution for this problem.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Yesterday afternoon (Sunday, 6 November) I kept getting just an SQL error screen. Seems to be working today though. :)

Today I'm getting errors on another forum - I don't know if it's just a coincedence or if they use the same provider.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yahoo! engineering are now reporting that this issue is resolved. Hopefully means that we have now resumed uninterrupted functionality.