SWNZ Forums

Official announcements about the SWNZ forums and website; learn about the new software and post any questions or bug reports.
 #1506  by HanSagan
 Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 am
I don't know if it's just my connection, but all the other websites I visit seem to be fine. This one seems to hang a lot, or just get stuck on the front page and not go to the forums. Either that or I have to wait a long time. Anyone else noticing this?
 #1573  by Reverend Strone
 Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:22 pm
I don't know if this is related or not... I usually log in from work where we have a super fast connection, but this weekend I tried to use the site from home and had a lot of problems with loading times. I managed to get in a read PMs, but I couldn't send any answers as it would time out on me all the time when I tried to send. Back at work again this morning I have no problems, so maybe it is something do do with my home broadband connection? Odd though as I didn't have trouble with other sites.

Thought I'd mention it just in case it was symptomatic of a common problem.
 #1577  by MattG
 Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:31 am
Okay, I'll keep tweaking things.

The inconsistency and geographic variability suggests it might be a problem between client & server rather that server/database loads. On that basis, I've made a few adjustments to reduce the number of separate http calls, particularly to different domains, per page load.
 #1618  by Bazzack
 Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:25 am
I check the boards once or twice or a few times a day and don't remember having any speed issues. just my 2cents for what it's worth.