Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - [Title Forthcoming] *SPOILERS*

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:...Now it's added to my wishlist!
Plot outline 23 24.
:lol:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

MattG wrote:Ewan McGregor has indicated that he'd be interested in "donning the cloak again"...
Having Ewan McGregor as a Jedi Ghost would make even less sense than swapping in Hayden Christensen's head at the end of Return of the Jedi. :( The rather lame excuse then was that the Jedi ghost should look the same as Anakin did when he was a Jedi, but Obi-Wan was still a Jedi when played by Alec Guiness.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:
MattG wrote:Ewan McGregor has indicated that he'd be interested in "donning the cloak again"...
Having Ewan McGregor as a Jedi Ghost would make even less sense than swapping in Hayden Christensen's head at the end of Return of the Jedi. :( The rather lame excuse then was that the Jedi ghost should look the same as Anakin did when he was a Jedi, but Obi-Wan was still a Jedi when played by Alec Guiness.
I don't think the suggestion is to use the prequel-era appearance of Ewan. The argument would be that for each installment of the Prequel Trilogy they went to lengths to make Ewan progressively look like Sir Alec, and given that the latter is deceased, continuing that progression to get an OT-era representation is a good alternative.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

They could use Ewan in jedi holo-recordings (as Ewan mentions in his Twitter status) that would fit in with established events. Perhaps Obi-Wan sat down and recorded lots of jedi info for Luke (and Leia) in holocrons while spending all those years on Tatooine (there's lots of junk traders, getting a hold of recording devices is easier to image for Obi-Wan than Yoda on Dagobah). Obi-Wan would be a hologram, rather than force ghost - which would fit in perfectly with using Ewan rather than Alec.

But I do think Ewan, with appropriate hair/makeup etc & the slight distortion of ghosty-ness could make a convincing Old Ben should they go that route (comparisons between the two actors in the Episode 3 making-of showed that he could look quite close).
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

It's fairly pervasive in the SW news at the moment, but I'll post it here anyway, just in case anyone's missed it...Harrison's thoughts on returning as Han (summary: they're not negative) - http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/05/s ... exclusive/
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Thanks for that Matt, I certainly hadn't seen anything on Ford.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

It just came up in the last few hours, but will be EVERYWHERE in a matter of minutes... for good reason, too!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Carrie Fisher's current position on the topic: "Princess Leia herself Carrie Fisher is on the record as saying she'd join the film if asked. 'Yes, sure. Wouldn't you?'"

It almost sounds like the big three are progressively softening the ground for a more official announcement.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/artic ... pisode-vii
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

MattG wrote: I don't think the suggestion is to use the prequel-era appearance of Ewan. The argument would be that for each installment of the Prequel Trilogy they went to lengths to make Ewan progressively look like Sir Alec, and given that the latter is deceased, continuing that progression to get an OT-era representation is a good alternative.
I could imagine a scenario that might see him providing performance and voice capture for an entirely digital Sir Alec Guiness as Obi-Wan too. Anything is possible now.

I'm hoping NZ might yet get a slice of this new big Star Wars pie. We have the facilities, skilled labour force, exotic locations and a dollar that's worth less than most of our first world competitors' currencies. We were considered when a home for the prequels was being looked for. With Fox out of the equation as far as new movies go and the Aussie $ being so inflated I have to think NZ stands as good a chance as any. We're also only 3-5 hours removed from California, which makes facilitating offshore production a lot more convenient than a country further round the curve of the globe. The Canadians probably pose our biggest threat as far as attractive alternatives go, and Disney has a history there. Here's hoping we prevail. I'm sure there'd be a bunch of us here who could stand to work on these films and any other new SW media like a tv show if it were to come to NZ.
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

Reverend Strone wrote: I'm sure there'd be a bunch of us here who could stand to work on these films and any other new SW media like a tv show if it were to come to NZ.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: