Reverend Strone's customs

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Reverend Strone's customs

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Incredible!
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

Awesome work and inspirational mate - thanks for posting the pics :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Thanks guys!

Here's the latest one - not Wars but Trek in this case, and for sale ...

It's a one of a kind, scratch-built Micromachines-ish sized 22nd Century Klingon Bird of Prey from Star Trek: Enterprise. I bought this near complete prototype about a year ago. It was mostly finished but required some extra parts to be fabricated then assembled and painting. Consequently, I can really only accept a tiny part of the credit for her build - most of the hard work was done already. A friend of mine also did the photography with a nice long lens (wish I had one).

The mini measures 6cm long by 7cm wide, or about 2 1/3" by 2 3/4", so she's fairly close in size to the old Micro Machines 23rd Century Klingon BOP, but a little bigger in overall mass as a result of the more compact, stubbier winged design.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out, but, as much as it breaks my heart, I am going to sell her. I bought her before I had any other Enterprise era ships in my display case, but now that the Heroclix Tactics and Attack Wing games have yielded us minis from that era and all are quite small, this one just feels too out of scale next to them to work in my display. So, I'm offering her for sale. $100 + 8 postage. That seems like a lot but she's a one of a kind proto and if it were broken into an hourly rate would probably work out to a buck an hour!

The ship has a small hole on her belly (visible in the ventral angle) which matches the peg of a MM stand (I'll throw one in for free), and a second, tiny, barely noticeable hole in her tail which was just big enough to suspend the mini on a wire for the dorsal and ventral shots, but which offers some alternate display options.