Farewell to Irvin Kershner

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Farewell to Irvin Kershner

Post by MattG »

Irvin Kershner passed away overnight, aged 87. His contributions to ESB, and work on other films, will be remembered.
Wired.com wrote:There’s no shortage of reasons why The Empire Strikes Back still stands as the best thing ever to come out of the Star Wars saga, but for all the things that make that 1980 movie great, a ton of credit has to go to director Irvin Kershner for making the whole greater than the sum of its parts.

Kershner died today at the age of 87, three decades after Empire hit the big screen, and it’s hard to understate his efforts in taking a summer blockbuster premise and mixing it with story and character depth and complexity and a darkly hopeful tone that hasn’t been seen in the saga since.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Farewell to Irvin Kershner

Post by Reverend Strone »

Farewell Mr Kershner. What you gave me will always remain a part of my life. Empre was my first cinema experience and there is no question that it left an indelible impression upon me, culminating in me working in this industry. Your creativity and genius shaped my future immeasurably and I will always remember you with admiration and gratitude.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

He is now one with the force.

Fare-thee-well Mr Kershner, you gave us the best movie of our childhood.

[youtube]QbkvK8ggMbE[/youtube]

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool pics Freddy; makes for a good tribute. He always looks happy, like he's enjoying his work.

To add to the mix, here are a few other pics, from the last film he directed (another one of my favourite franchises) before retiring.