Store Reports / Latest Finds

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Store Reports / Latest Finds

Post by MattG »

It's customary, and very useful, on forums of this type to have a "Latest Finds" thread, so here's one for the SWNZ Message Boards.

Post here if you find the latest waves of Star Wars toys, books, whatever, with details of the store (branch, location), volumes, prices etc, and hopefully we'll be able to direct collectors to the best places to get the collectibles they seek. It's also helpful to share details of sales/price reductions etc.
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Store Reports / Latest Finds

Post by eagle1 »

I'm very interested in the Hasbro new standard Tie Fighter which I'm told is Studio Scale and very closely matches detail of the original filming miniatures. Quite a few people have built this to a level that you just couldn't tell the difference between this and the real thing!.
Farmers here in Tauranga & Bayfair have quite a few for $119 with 40% off a few weeks ago, I'm holding out for just a bit cheaper, when they can't get rid of them, we'll see!.
Stu
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I'm quite keen for that 'new scale' TIE Fighter as well :)

Did a bit of a look around Albany today - Farmers currently has a red dot sale. They had the SW marbs, Mighty Muggs, some Titaniums and the older figures (wave with 2-1b) marked with red dots - 20% off.

Did notice two new Galactic Heroes sets at Farmers - Snowspeeder with probe droid and figures, and Obi-Wan with his Ep3 starfighter - $49.99 each.

I'm still looking for Legacy collection wave 2 (Slave Leia), but it seems wave 1 has only just recently started showing up around the North Shore (with the purple Queen Amidala).

Manukau ToyWorld has the Millenium Falcons on special (when we were there last week) - $249 down from $399, not too bad.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

acerimmerrocks
Ensign
Ensign

Post by acerimmerrocks »

Invercargill pretty average at the moment

Warehouse left overs of the new TPM legacy wave and Saga legends, some new galactic heroes got the one with Admiral Ackbar and Neim Numb sucker for ackbar stuff. Farmers left over of new vehicles and the Tie Fighter/Interceptor nothing else really that isnt nearly a year old at this stage. Toyworld who knows refuse to/cant go there.

Have the big winged tie fighter brought it and the interceptor on site as were the only ones left regretted it as a week later restocked with 6 of each and went on xmas/boxing day sales. Anyway the Tie fighter is alright probably not worth $120 but $90ish on sale is reasonable. Has Hasbros new standard cockpit module but with red tint windows to simulate the controls lighting up the cockpit, also has removable seat to make fitting the pilot easy and has the buttons to make the wings eject still. The wings are cool but there just large pieces of plastic but does help it look 10x better than the old small wings. The pilot is awesome normal level of Hasbro articulation and detail pretty pleased with him as he is the first post potf2 Tie Pilot I have. If you like big vehicles or need another fighter for your fleet id recommend it.
eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

Thanks guys, I might take another look at Farmers here again, don't really want to miss out on the Tie.
Stu
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I've just posted on the SWNZ news page about fishpond.co.nz stocking Lego sets and Hasbro action figures. The prices aren't as good as The Warehouse etc, but they might help you find items you can't score locally - http://swnz.dr-maul.com/index.php#20100114
Attachments
673419111898.png
653569488613.png
653569378228.png
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Hi guys,

the Warehouse here near me in Welly has a bunch of the Phantom Menace wave Legacy figures in stock - looks like they opened a couple of new cases last weekend. be sure to check your's or let me know if there's anything from that wave you'd like me to grab for you. They still had a few Clegg Holdfasts, Amidala in travel gown, repacked Stormie Luke and Hans, Padawan Obi-Wan, Holo Darth Sidious with Walking Chair and some others.

Also tonnes of CW figures including (for some reason) a large number of Commando Droid,

Daniel.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Farmers New Plymouth (and, hopefully, other Farmers stores) are now stocking some of the new 2010 wave of Star Wars Lego sets, including:

#8083 - Rebel Trooper Battle Pack: $24.99
#8084 - Snowtrooper Battle Pack: $24.99
#8092 - Luke's Landspeeder: $49.99

There's 10% off until the end of today, but honestly, these sets are entirely worth paying full price for. I just finished building the Snowtrooper Battle Pack and I'm thoroughly impressed.

I must admit I'm hanging out for the release of #8087 - TIE Defender though!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Just had a look around ToyWorld in Henderson - they had 4 or 5 Clone Turbo tanks on sale, usually $289.99, now down to $129.99 :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Anaria wrote:Just had a look around ToyWorld in Henderson - they had 4 or 5 Clone Turbo tanks on sale, usually $289.99, now down to $129.99 :)
THAT, is a much better price! Thanks Kristy! :D