Star Wars Hot Wheels Starships

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Wars Hot Wheels Starships

Post by cloneone44 »

I just noticed that the Land speeder I brought from the supermarket has a shorter card than the one I picked up from The Warehouse.
Thanks for that. Was wondering the same.
Recently purchased the short card from Countdown ($3:00) and the long card from The Warehouse ($2:00). Had to purchase a few from The Warehouse. I now have a Landspeeder sales yard.

Have to laugh that there's suddenly, a lot being sold on TradeMe for $5 to $10. The Warehouse still has heaps!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I know exactly what you mean.....I won't say how many I've picked up on my visits to different Warehouses lol
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

Saw this custom on ebay
Attachments
Screenshot_20210116_124022.jpg
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

Ordered this today,
SDCC 2020 Dagobah Xwing.
The shipping and tax cost more than the ship :read:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210119_100720.jpg
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

After a long wait here's a glimpse of the HW Hover pram.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210120_101258.jpg
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cloneone44 »

Nice. I'm guessing you found this picture on line, and its not in NZ. (Probably will never make it either)

Would like to make a 1:1 Scale of the pram at some point this year. Just working out where to start.
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

cloneone44 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:57 am Nice. I'm guessing you found this picture on line, and its not in NZ. (Probably will never make it either)

Would like to make a 1:1 Scale of the pram at some point this year. Just working out where to start.
Yeah I'd been looking hard out for a picture for a while and it popped up on The Points of Articulations you tube channel.
I think he's doing a give away soon of the entire hover pram wave as he's hit a subscription goal,il post a link when its official.
I can live in hope this line comes back to NZ stores but it's not just our country that's missing out.

As for your project keen to see what build process you use. Ya thinking 3d printed or old school fibreglass hull and puppet?. An electromagnetic base would be a cool challenge. ;)
cloneone44
Ensign
Ensign

Post by cloneone44 »

As for your project keen to see what build process you use. Ya thinking 3d printed or old school fibreglass hull and puppet?. An electromagnetic base would be a cool challenge.
Lol. I'm very old school so A/. looking for a large egg like object that I can morph, B/. create a shell somehow using a ribbed framing, C/. night school to learn how to fibreglass (I think night school were a thing of the 90's), D/. convince my wife to let me buy a 3D printer.

Also researching anti-gravity devices, so looking at The Jetsons, Back to the Future, and other early Sci-Fi shows. Mr Google says it can't be done, but obviously it can be done! I seen it in the movies. Failing that, a simple perspex tube, which I do have!
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

While looking for more information on the hover pram I've found details on HW 2021 wave 2.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210204_112259.jpg
Kiwi HW
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi HW »

2020 SDCC Hot Wheels swamp Xwing turned up in the mail today.
Attachments
IMG_20210206_151342.jpg