Vintage C3PO stripped of chrome

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Vintage C3PO stripped of chrome

Post by AaroKin »

I've always liked the look of vintage 3PO figures that have been stripped of their chrome but never got around to getting one of my own.....Ive had the beater figure but wasnt keen on wasting it by melting him in brake fluid lol (Ive seen some shockers on the net).

I went for a $4.50 can of Easy Off Bam oven cleaner from Countdown, put 3PO in a jar, gave him a good coating, waited only fifteen minutes and was left with this......

I'm really, really happy with the way he turned out.
Attachments
20190813_183333.png
20190813_183353.png
20190813_183424.png
20190813_183446.png
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vintage C3PO stripped of chrome

Post by MattG »

Kinda cool to see the raw plastic.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Vintage C3PO stripped of chrome

Post by AaroKin »

I've seen quite a few white ones (mainly Death Star Droids) and was worried mine would be as well so I was very relieved when I saw he had colour. I especially like the swirls in his head...it seems like quite a lot of the 3POs were moulded in these brown/pinkish plastics but I have seen some really cool ones with black, red, and even blue limbs.

Since the factory knew the 3PO/DSD figures were being covered in chrome they just molded them in any plastic thet felt like....could even have been off cuts or waste I guess.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards