Collecting "Solo: A Star Wars Story" Figures

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Collecting "Solo: A Star Wars Story" Figures

Post by MattG »

I particularly liked the Solo: A Star Wars Story movie, and because there are a finite number of characters as figures (with Hasbro unlikely to release many, if any, more) am quite keen to try and get together a full set. The minor challenge, besides the availability of the later wave of single figures, is that the characters as spread over a number of different collections, with many vehicle pack-ins and multi-pack sets. I've had a little luck recently in acquiring a few of the characters not available in NZ.

Here's the list I'm aiming for at the moment. Can anyone think of any I've missed?

Basic Figures/Force Link 2.0:
Qi-ra (young version)
Chewbacca
Mimban Stormtrooper
Range Trooper
Moloch
Quay Tolsite
Val
Rio Durant
L3-37
Tobias Beckett

Han Solo (Mimban Mud Trooper)

TVC:
VC123 - Stormtrooper - Mimban
VC124 - Han Solo (brown jacket)
VC125 - Enfys Nest
VC128 - Range Trooper
VC139 - Lando Calrissian

Vehicle/Force-Link/Playset Pack-Ins:
Han Solo (young version, grey jacket) with Landspeeder
Han Solo (brown jacket) with Force Link 2.0

Han Solo (black top, coaxium containers) with Kessel Run Millennium Falcon
Enfys Nest with swoop bike
Mimban Stormtrooper with AT-DT
Han Solo (black top - repaint of Kessel Run Falcon version, with muddy boots) with Kessel Mine Escape Exclusive 3.75'' Playset
Chewbacca (Vandor goggles) with Vandor-1 Heist Cardstock Exclusive 3.75'' Playset

Multi-Packs:
Lando Calrissian and Kessel Guard
Rebolt and Corellian Hound
Han Solo (muddy) and Chewbacca (muddy)

Mission on Vandor-1 4-pack = Han Solo (Vandor-1), Qi-ra, Weazel, Range Trooper
Target Exclusive Trooper 6-pack = Stormtrooper Squad Leader (Mimban), Stormtrooper (Mimban), Imperial Patrol Trooper, Mudtrooper, Han Solo as Mudtrooper, TIE Fighter Pilot

That comes in as something like 39 figures (with a couple of unavoidable duplicates in different packaging).

Here's the start of our "Solo" shelf, with the easier-to-get, early figures.
IMG_4175m.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Collecting "Solo: A Star Wars Story" Figures

Post by MattG »

My first addition beyond the early figures came only recently with the crazy sales going on at The Warehouse. The Force Link 2.0 accessory with exclusive Han Solo figure originally came at a price that was hard to justify if you weren't into the electronic gimmick, but it was heavily discounted in the TW sales, with pricing a little different in different branches for some reason... grabbed this accessory and figure for $4.97! Thought that was a pretty good score for a figure, let alone a pack-in like this.

IMG_4184m.jpg
IMG_4190m.jpg
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I've really enjoyed the Solo line of toys....especially the larger 30cm figures, I picked up Lando a few weeks back and I think its an amazing figure. For the first time in along time I've found myself buying double ups, for the Episode Seven and Eight releases I was happy with one offs (Excluding Constable Zuvio)....the Range Trooper figure has to be my absolute favourite and I had to get him in every version of him I could find.

I am a bit upset the 3.75" Mimban Han didnt make its way to the shelves in either the single card or the two pack with Chewy.

My latest Solo purchase is the Monopoly game (I'm ultra competitive so finding someone to play against is going to be tough lol)
Attachments
20190723_205239.jpg
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

AaroKin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 am I've really enjoyed the Solo line of toys....especially the larger 30cm figures...
Yeah, there are some surprisingly nice sculpts in the 12" line. If budgeting wasn't an issue, I could have easily seen myself buying an army of stormtroopers.
AaroKin wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:14 am I am a bit upset the 3.75" Mimban Han didnt make its way to the shelves in either the single card or the two pack with Chewy...
Yup, I have been, and will be, hunting a bit further afield to try and build out my "Solo" collection. Forgot about the AT-DT vehicle with Mimban trooper, which would have been nice to see locally. Just added that in to my first post.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote:Yeah, there are some surprisingly nice sculpts in the 12" line. If budgeting wasn't an issue, I could have easily seen myself buying an army of stormtroopers.

The larger figures have been a real favourite of mine and I was real happy to pick up a Stormtrooper while I was in Auckland......I'm not sure if hes apart of the Solo line or wheather or not he belongs with the Vader and Kylo figures that were released in the same packaging.

I'm hoping to track down a 12" Enfys Nest and a Chewbacca....I know its just a re-release of the Episode VII figure but Id like to display him next the younger version of Han (just a shame his bandolieer isnt from the film)
Attachments
20190724_154500.png
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Really stoked that the Moloch figure showed up at the recent The Warehouse sales... buying a couple of figures means this guy came it at an nearly unbelievable price of $3.75.

Have put a few more pics up over on our collecting blog - http://www.villavarykino.com/moloch-3-75-action-figure/
Attachments
IMG_4252sq.jpg
IMG_4249m.jpg
IMG_4246m.jpg
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote:Really stoked that the Moloch figure showed up at the recent The Warehouse sales... buying a couple of figures means this guy came it at an nearly unbelievable price of $3.75

The Moloch figure is yet another of the great figures in the Solo line, I really like the detailing and its good to pick up a figure that has a bit of weight to it.

The Supreme Leader Snoke figure that was released on the same yellow cardback has to be my favourite version yet, even though his robe isnt fabric like the one released in Vintage Collection I think it's the best representation so far of how he looked on film.

The Warehouse sale was amazing, it was such a great way to pick up more than one of each figure for such a low price....I definitely took advantage of it lol
Attachments
20190802_095928.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yeah, Snoke's not too bad for sculpted fabric.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The detailing and costume accessories on Hasbro’s 3.75″ Force Link 2.0 Quay Tolsite action figure qualify it as one of the best sculpts from the line. The chest and facial tubing, as well as the handheld keychain accessory really add depth to the toy.

I happened to be travelling to a conference recently, and my route home took me through Thailand – this harder-to-find character was in one of the airport duty free stores, at regular (non-scalper) action figure prices!

More pics over on our collecting blog.

IMG_4387m.jpg
IMG_4377m.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

L3-37 came via Thailand as well. Great figure (although is a little precarious when standing and doesn't have peg holes in her feet).

IMG_4554m.jpg
IMG_4558m.jpg