Cassian Andor live-action TV series

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cassian Andor live-action TV series

Post by MattG »

Just announced, starring Diego Luna: https://www.starwars.com/news/cassian-a ... -announced
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Cassian Andor live-action TV series

Post by Reverend Strone »

One of the things I loved about Rogue One was the dimensionality it brought to the Rebellion. As much as I always rooted for them in the past, the Rebels were pretty uniform and so squeaky clean and wholesome as to be a bit boring. We saw a group of desperate people who disagreed, with different ethics and thresholds of courage or risk. And in Cassian we had an avatar of that complexity. What would you do for a cause that is so important? How much do you sacrifice? That is rich ground for stories. I think this show has great potential and am very excited to know we have a Rebellion era show coming (my favourite era for SW story telling).

I'm hoping we have K-2SO in the show as well. Alan Tudyk's name was notable for its absence in that press release.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cassian Andor live-action TV series

Post by MattG »

It's hard to imagine that this project wasn't conceived without thought being given to the drawcard benefits of K-2SO's eventual inclusion.