Introductions

All friendly discussions not directly related to Star Wars. Includes 'Introductions' section.
Forum rules
1: Personal attacks on individuals or groups, direct or indirect, are considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is a supportive community.
2: The posting of content or language deemed unsuitable for a general audience is considered contrary to the SWNZ mission. SWNZ is an inclusive community.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Introductions

Post by MattG »

Monkey wrote:I think the major problem at the moment is there is too much out there at the moment, I dont know what to start on first :? ...
hehe...it's only going to get worse. The New York Toy Fair starts this weekend, so there will be announcements for everything we can expect to come out in 2010.
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

Hi everyone, I'm William from Tauranga. I'm 27 now and have been an intense SW fan since I was about 5 years old. I absolutly love the movies and expanded universe with a passion, they mean a lot to me as they bring back many fond childhood memories, plus good times with friends as an adult, and now I have my own kids who also love SW. My oldest boy Malachi, who is 6 years old, has a very, VERY, thorough knowledge of the Star Wars saga and can pick which Episode any key event or character appeared in! (I'm so proud haha)
Anyway as far as a collection goes... well I haven't got anything worth sharing, but I am an avid modeller, so I am in the process of making my own vacuum forming machine, to make my own Storm Trooper armour and scratchbuilt models. I look forward to sharing all my progress. Plus when we move to a bigger house, I can get my own office (as I'm also doing a Nat. diploma in Architectural Technology) and dedicate all my wall and most of my floor space to the wonderfully excessive Star Wars collection I have visualized in my mind haha!
Well enough of my novel-length introduction, I'm just stoked to have found a place to browse and chat with other Kiwi SW fans. Thanks everyone.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Welcome William! :)

What style of vac-former are you putting together...are you going to incorporate a heating element, in order to customise the size to get the big armour components formed (or just use the stick-it-in-the-oven trick)?
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

Thanks Matt, I'm just going for the smaller size table, with a top frame to fit inside the oven to begin with, like this one: http://trooperarmor.com/Tutorial/BuildV ... Table.html.
Then hopefully after I've got a couple of starship models under my belt, I will tackle a bigger stand-alone unit to make my armour, like this one: http://www.tk560.com/vactable4.html
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool - I made a vac-table that mounts on my workbench, with a frame made to fit in our oven. Would love to have the time to get around to making a dedicated rig (plus, to have somewhere to store it).

eagle1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by eagle1 »

Hi William, welcome to the boards!. Great to have another modeler on the site and I see your'e in Tauranga as well, would you like to meet up sometime and talk shop. I'm heavily into Studio-Scale models with the latest being a 4foot X-Wing Fighter on the bench.
I got a vacformer from the US quite a few years ago, it's a not too big but it proves very useful and produces some quality parts!.

Let me know if you want to meet and we can swap contact details later.
Regards
Stu
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

Hi everyone, long time listener, first time caller :)
A few of you will know me, but for those that don't, my name is Hugh and I'm based in Queenstown. I'm a long time SW fan (let's just say I'm of the generation that saw the originals in the cinemas when first released :lol: ), a bit of a collector and a member of the 501st. In saying that, I have a general love for Movies all round. Oh, and I run this wee store down here called Reel Collectibles ;)

Forums are looking great Matt, I know it's taken me some time to get here, but hoping I will be able to frequent them more often with my :2cents: :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hey Hugh - good to have you on board. :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Hey Hugh! Daniel here. :)

Great to see you here buddy and hopefully we can catch up for a bite or drink again some time, maybe when you're up for Wellygeddon? :cantina:
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

Reverend Strone wrote:Hey Hugh! Daniel here. :)

Great to see you here buddy and hopefully we can catch up for a bite or drink again some time, maybe when you're up for Wellygeddon? :cantina:
That'd be nice Daniel, we're flying in Tuesday and out again Tuesday, so I guess either the Wednesday before madness or the Monday after might suit us best, but you know, us we'll go with whatever suits :)