Deagostini 1/43 Millennium Falcon

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
cadium
Ensign
Ensign

Deagostini 1/43 Millennium Falcon

Post by cadium »

It looks as though the Deagostini Millennium falcon weekly collectible will not be coming to New Zealand. This is however an alternative. Modelspace UK will send complete kits to New Zealand. The millennium Falcon is £899 plus £99 shipping (NZ$1922). I am considering this (even though it is a LOT of money). That would attract $342.77 in clearance fees and GST is declared as Books/Magazines or $444.13 if declared as toys/models. Note you will need a client number for importing goods worth over NZ$1000.

So is $2300 too much for a big falcon model? thoughts?
The T-H-X account is six percent over budget. The case is to be terminated.
Greyz
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Deagostini 1/43 Millennium Falcon

Post by Greyz »

i love the Deagostini 1/43 Millennium Falcon, but for that total price tag, i think i would maybe pass :( . I would probably wait and hunt around for a completed one, but that's me! I do know what you mean about the customs charges! they're terrible! I'm waiting on my 1989 hot toys batmobile to arrive!
cadium
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Deagostini 1/43 Millennium Falcon

Post by cadium »

I got in touch with ModelSpace UK to ask if the VAT should come off the price for an export model and the upshot is they are contacting head office to get me a discount code to remove the VAT, so at least I won't be paying tax on top of tax and should make the purchase quite a bit cheaper :D

UPDATE. after a bit of to and fro via email the upshot is that with VAT removed (20%!) the price is £818 including shipping and I'm going to go for it! :woot:
The T-H-X account is six percent over budget. The case is to be terminated.