THE LAST JEDI discussion - POST RELEASE, SPOILERS

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Andiamo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: THE LAST JEDI discussion - POST RELEASE, SPOILERS

Post by Andiamo »

The “projection Luke”was using Anakins Lightsaber, lost in Bespin. That (This saner subsequently smashed in Snokes 5nrone room) and the fact Luke left no footprints on the Crait salt flats were gentle clues Luke was still on the Island.
suburban_ennui
Ensign
Ensign

Post by suburban_ennui »

Just saw it a second time. The stuff that bugged me a little the first time bugged me a bit less. And the great stuff was still great.

One blink-and-you-miss-it bit - In the final scene on the Falcon, Finn pulls a blanket out of a drawer to put on Rose. Were those the Jedi journals in the draw? (Implying either Rey took them, or Luke put them there?)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

suburban_ennui wrote:.... Finn pulls a blanket out of a drawer to put on Rose. Were those the Jedi journals in the draw? (Implying either Rey took them, or Luke put them there?)
Kristy reckons she saw Rey messing with that drawer earlier.

The other interesting thing related to the Falcon was that it lost its rectangular radar dish.... back to circular next time?
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

MattG wrote:
suburban_ennui wrote:.... Finn pulls a blanket out of a drawer to put on Rose. Were those the Jedi journals in the draw? (Implying either Rey took them, or Luke put them there?)

The other interesting thing related to the Falcon was that it lost its rectangular radar dish.... back to circular next time?
yeah makes sense with her character being a scavenger previously that she pinched the books ha!

I noticed the lack of dish on the second viewing.

I took my daughter (10 years old now) she loved it had a blast none of our 'adult' criticisms mattered a damn to her which was a good reminder to me about how to approach this trilogy. It'll be interesting to see which SW film she wants to watch at home the next time we do
Armante
Commander
Commander

Post by Armante »

oota goota wrote:
MattG wrote:

yeah makes sense with her character being a scavenger previously that she pinched the books ha!

I noticed the lack of dish on the second viewing.

I took my daughter (10 years old now) she loved it had a blast none of our 'adult' criticisms mattered a damn to her which was a good reminder to me about how to approach this trilogy. It'll be interesting to see which SW film she wants to watch at home the next time we do
Those are indeed the Jedi Journals (Journals of the Whills?) On my second or third? viewing I noticed that Rey messes with the drawer just before she gets into the ejection pod - so she took them after giving up on Luke and flying away from Ahch-too (sp?)
Luke was going to burn the tree, and therefore the books, so it wouldn't make sense if he'd put them in there.

Didn't even notice the dish.. oops

Then again I didn't notice Luke wasn't smearing the salt crust, revealing the red underneath, with his feet during his battle with Kylo until the second viewing either. It's an obvious queue that he's there "in spirit" rather than physically, but I missed it the first time because I was way too involved with the actual fight :)
DRAW2
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DRAW2 »

...hey...so...did force ghost Luke really give Han's dice to Leia? :blink:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

DRAW2 wrote:...hey...so...did force ghost Luke really give Han's dice to Leia? :blink:
No, they were just ghost dice (they disappeared later).
ghostchips.gif
ghostchips.gif (815.38 KiB) Viewed 9429 times
DRAW2
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DRAW2 »

MattG wrote:
DRAW2 wrote:...hey...so...did force ghost Luke really give Han's dice to Leia? :blink:
No, they were just ghost dice (they disappeared later.
Ah...okay...I couldn't remember.
I've only seen it once... But the I thought Ben picked them up after...and then I couldn't remember what happened. Haha.

"Wanna ghost dice...?"
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

Something I just whipped up:
Attachments
TLJ.png
TLJ.png (34.89 KiB) Viewed 9348 times
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader