Gunbelt Run?

Ideas, tutorials, questions relating to armour, costumes and replica props from the Star Wars universe
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gunbelt Run?

Post by HanSagan »

Would anyone be interested in a run of quick and easy gunbelts? I've sourced a place that sells vege tanned leather and 2" wide belt blanks, but they only sell the leather in full sides which is far more than I need.

I just wanted to check how many people may be interested in having Han Soloish or generic gunbelts and holsters made if I went ahead and got some leather. I know the belt blanks are about $25, so at a guess a whole belt with holster may be between $50-70 (I still need to figure out exactly what materials are involved)

This is just an initial post to gauge interest.

Cheers :)
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Gunbelt Run?

Post by Anaria »

Ooo I would definitely be interested in helping share the costs of a full hide, as I have a few costume projects I need veg tanned leather/belt blanks for - will get in touch :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I have an interest in doing a belt/holster (Luke ESB style) to add to my X-wing pilot. Keen to hear more, and get in on sharing costs.
HamYoyo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by HamYoyo »

Will look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. I wish I could get a proper leather belt for mine, but haven't got the budget for it at the mo. Still, reasonably happy with what I did find - I scored an old suitcase from the local Sally Army shop for $10 and stripped that down for parts. Was going great until I realised that A) I'd cut the holster wrong and B) Didnn't have any pieces big enough to re-do it. :mad: :cry: