Store Reports / Latest Finds (2015...)

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Store Reports / Latest Finds (2015...)

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Until Sept 3rd? That's great news.
Yep! There're no dates listed on their website, but the on-shelf tags list that as the promotion end date - at least for the 3 3/4" discount :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The TLJ A-Wing, Canto Bight Police Speeder, and Darth Vader Black Series Centrepiece figure are all available at Mighty Ape (and possibly other retailers in the near future).

Pilot Tallie & Resistance A-Wing Fighter, $64.99
Canto Bight Policeman & Speeder, $64.99
The Black Series – Darth Vader Centerpiece, $109.99
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ZY-Fighter »

And lo, Zac did visit The Warehouse Hawera in search of porg, and Hasbro saw that he was searching, and directed Its minions to stock the endcap with TLJ toys.

So Zac did see the 3 3/34" Chewbacca with Porg for $15, and it was good, and a selfie was taken, but Zac could not justify spending $15 for a porg and then having a Chewbacca for whom he had no use.

Here endeth the lesson.

Also I'm super impressed with the sculpts and paintwork on these new figs! Like, really impressed! I used to think the prices were getting silly but for $15 they're really good value!
Zac in Whanganui
Andiamo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andiamo »

Visited Farmers today and got 30% of the Rey and Speeder 6 inch... good buy for $76.
They also had a few Luke and X-34's as well. This was at Farmers St Luke's

Despite the paint apps still too clean for my liking so roughed up Rey and got the Gundam pens out to scuff up the speeder. Subtle improvement but much better for display.
Attachments
IMG_0318.JPG
IMG_0318.JPG (2.49 MiB) Viewed 9176 times
IMG_0317.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 9176 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

So how're the stock levels looking back in New Zealand? I just got back to Maryland yesterday, and frankly I'm shocked at how picked-over everything is here. Earlier this week, I checked my local Farmers store and there was still a plentiful supply of the entire range of 3 3/4" figures - even Old Man Luke. Here, however, there's only Rose and Finn and - if you're really lucky - a Hux or two. No Luke's, Kylos, Poes, Chewies, 3POs, or Reys (either in single-carded or two-pack form).
Target Star Wars Aisle.JPG
Target Star Wars Aisle.JPG (2.51 MiB) Viewed 9136 times
The really concerning thing is that there's an absolute glut of Forces of Destiny dolls - which doesn't bode well for Hasbro continuing the line. It's a shame, because they look absolutely fantastic - both as a straight-out-of-the-pack toy, and as a base for more detailed customisation (which my fiancee soon plans to do with the Leia and Wicket pair).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Anyone that was after a TBS6 Revan figure... they are in stock at Mighty Ape (but may not be for much longer) https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/sta ... ?r=1755803
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Archon Revuge wrote:So how're the stock levels looking back in New Zealand? I just got back to Maryland yesterday, and frankly I'm shocked at how picked-over everything is here. Earlier this week, I checked my local Farmers store and there was still a plentiful supply of the entire range of 3 3/4" figures - even Old Man Luke. Here, however, there's only Rose and Finn and - if you're really lucky - a Hux or two. No Luke's, Kylos, Poes, Chewies, 3POs, or Reys (either in single-carded or two-pack form).
I have yet to venture out: a combination of being a bit skint right now and not really feeling any urgency about picking up this year's offerings. Most of the stuff I am interested in either hasn't turned up in NZ or should be common enough t take my time in acquiring.

That is concerning to read about the FOD figures, moving slowly in Maryland. I think this is a fantastic range and had hoped it would perform well. I imported a Rey and BB-8 for my youngest daughter, but it's the second wave's Ahsoka that both of my girls are hanging out for most of all.
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ZY-Fighter »

I'm in Hawera so the demand and supply for this stuff isn't really there until the movie comes out, hence the single endcap of Hasbro stuff. I haven't been back in to see how it's gone sales-wise since FFII. With that said I was surprised to new Black Series stuff.

I just hope they rectify the porg deficiency by the time the movie comes out!
Zac in Whanganui
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

I like this figure & vehicle a lot. Will be buying the ski speeder (Poe) and police speeder next weekend.
Attachments
20170916_171859.jpg
20170916_171859.jpg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 9017 times
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

2017 Hallmark ornaments are available at Briscoes (according to their website http://homeware.www.briscoes.co.nz/sear ... ars&cnt=72 )
Attachments
briscoes_hallmark2017_03.jpg
briscoes_hallmark2017_03.jpg (131.26 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
briscoes_hallmark2017_02.jpg
briscoes_hallmark2017_02.jpg (140.6 KiB) Viewed 8889 times
briscoes_hallmark2017_01.jpg
briscoes_hallmark2017_01.jpg (126.83 KiB) Viewed 8889 times