Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Post by Bartheda »

When I turned on facebook this morning I had 9 identical posts with this new title.
I think I have a Star Wars compulsion problem.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

I am liking it and the subtle intrigue it brings
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

MattG wrote:I find this perfectly palatable. The choice of red for the logo is interesting.
I agree, the choice of red does insinuate the Dark Side somehow with sith sabers etc and am wondering if we're going to see a very dark movie with Kylo seeking revenge on Rey and Luke and up-ing his game in the ways of the Dark Side through Snoke.

Could this mean that Rey is tempted to the Dark Side aswell?, time will tell as we have yet to see her being trained in the ways of the Force by Master Luke who I'm sure would be reluctant to take another Padawan under his wing after what happened with Ben Solo.

Bring on December!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

fredstar wrote:...

Could this mean that Rey is tempted to the Dark Side aswell?...
Episode IX will be called "The Reign of the Sith"
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi *SPOILERS*

Post by ZY-Fighter »

I'm sorry for creating a separate thread for the title announcement, it simply didn't occur to me to look for an existing thread!

MattG wrote:More Falcon location photos. Don't know how they managed to achieve this sort of access, but the photos are awesome.

http://www.oblivionstate.com/forum/topi ... -may-2016/
That is stunning. How on earth did they to get in there?! Imagine climbing over the hill and seeing the Falcon down below, hatch open...
THE OFFICIAL TITLE FOR STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII REVEALED
ANNOUNCING THE NAME OF THE NEXT FILM IN THE SKYWALKER SAGA.
So. Skywalker saga. They can't just be talking about Luke and Ben/Kylo, right? Is Rey a Skywalker after all?? :ohwell:

Title-wise, a poster called Matthew Castleton said something interesting at Star Wars Underworld:
Well, in the opening crawl of The Force Awakens, it calls Luke Skywalker "the last Jedi," so, I would that's what the title is referring to. Here's what I'm referring to:

"Luke Skywalker has vanished. In his absence, the sinister FIRST ORDER has risen from the ashes of the Empire and will not rest until Skywalker, THE LAST JEDI, has been destroyed."
Now, thinking ahead 2yr...who else thinks IX's logo will be Light-side saber green or blue? :2cents:
Zac in Whanganui
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ZY-Fighter »

MODS: if I'd known there was an existing VIII thread I'd not have created this one. Should it be merged?
Zac in Whanganui
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

ZY-Fighter wrote:I'm sorry for creating a separate thread for the title announcement, it simply didn't occur to me to look for an existing thread!...
No problem... the previous thread was a few pages back, and the title announcement was exciting news :)
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

So thinking about it some more, this to me makes more sense (at least in my head) that the Last Jedi, is in fact Luke as the final Knight of the Jedi Order.

Luke probably is now thinking, the ways of the Jedi are dead, and what ever he tried with Ben Solo sure as hell didn't work especially with his blood line and it's time to start something new hence he is The Last Jedi and Rey will be trained in a new way of the Force.

In turn Kylo is also being taught a new way of the Dark side or perhaps a middle way as is Rey which means we are now no longer seeing the Force being simply Darkside/Lightside, Sith and Jedi but a new Middle Way that is perhaps more powerful than both. (Grey Side?)

Anyway, perhaps I've had too much coffee today and are looking too deeply into this but to me this makes the most sense so far. :blink:
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ZY-Fighter »

fredstar wrote:Anyway, perhaps I've had too much coffee today and are looking too deeply into this :blink:
Good, good....let the caf flow through you :lol:

I like this theory, though. I wonder if we'll get to see Kylo use Force lightning? It's been a while since we've seen that on the big screen! The second-to-last segment in R1 has me clamouring for more Dark Side goodness. I remember actually gasping when Kylo held the blaster bolt in mid-air.
Zac in Whanganui
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

There's a lot of really good coverage in the upcoming Vanity Fair magazine, although at this point it is spread across a few URLs.

Cover gallery at StarWars.com - http://www.starwars.com/news/vanity-fai ... cial-issue

Textless versions of the cover images at E!Online - http://www.eonline.com/news/856292/star ... ive-covers

BTS Video at Vanity Fair Video - http://video.vanityfair.com/watch/star- ... anity-fair

Magazine internal photoshoot images at VF - http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... -portfolio
Attachments
rs_634x889-170523042908-634.carrie-fisher.52317.jpg
rs_634x889-170523042908-634.carrie-fisher.52317.jpg (56.89 KiB) Viewed 8724 times