AetherCon 2012 Wellington

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

AetherCon 2012 Wellington

Post by PitYak Studios »

Not a Star Wars convention, but at least one stall holder will be gauranteed to have a bit of a Star Wars thing going on.

This Saturday, come and buy some cool stuff.

Painter
Sculptor
Costumier
Maker-of-Things(I made that)

If you like my stuff please Like my page!

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AetherCon 2012 Wellington

Post by MattG »

Hope it went well for you. :)
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

Post by PitYak Studios »

It was a grand day out.

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers was of course the star of the show, featuring a dazzling array of Weapons of Brass Destruction, hats, goggles, uniforms and expeditionary essentials

I had the prime spot, this was the first view visitors got when walking through the door

Hanley and Mrs Soloway, Junior and Uncle Andy the won the Best Dressed Family prize (a double pass to Armageddon).

Bridge and Zoe, surgeon and officer of 9th New York Infantry "Hawkins Zouaves"

Before the results of the comp were announced, the MC gave a speech outlining the judging criteria. They were looking for a family who's costumes displayed a consistent theme and consistent quality; "imagine peter jackson had asked you to make a costume for one of his films, that's the sort of quality we are looking for. Like Phil's stuff". Bahhaha! At that point I felt obliged to stand up and take a bow, but was still honestly surprised when we were announced as the winners. I didn't have any particular theme in mind when I made the costumes, but being an ACW nerd had made, without realising, a zouve costume for Zoe, hussar costume for Andy, another post civil war alternate 1900's confederate cavalry costume for myself and a 19th century surgeon's outfit for Bridge, so we were unwittingly the "Civil War Family".

Afterwards I got back into my usual Hanley Soloway outfit, and had to demonstrate the Armstrong Medium Mechanical Gun.

The evening do. I made all of my kit, Andy's hussar jacket and Geoff's gun. I'd never met Geoff before, he just turned up wearing on of my guns which was quite a buzz.

Painter
Sculptor
Costumier
Maker-of-Things(I made that)

If you like my stuff please Like my page!

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Brass lawgiver FTW!
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

All that brass and wood looks great, fantastic display.
I hope to be down your way for the Ronald McDonald house opening on Sunday 28th Oct, I can drop off the brass that I have collected so far for you. :D :atatdriver:
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.