Star Wars Day (Auckland, 4 Feb)

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Star Wars Day (Auckland, 4 Feb)

Post by Buzz Bumble »

As someone else posted, tickets for the Auckland Preview of Episode I 3D go on sale at Sylvia Park this Staurday (4 February), and they are apparently making a big day of it. This is part of the news item from Flicks.co.nz ...
In order to celebrate the 3D release of the first part of George Lucas' Star Wars saga, Sylvia Park has declared Saturday (4 February) to be Star Wars Day, and has a full roster of activities planned.

Starting from 10:00am there will be Star Wars characters milling about including R2D2, Jedi training for the kids and face painting, a legion of Stormtroopers who will be met by Jedi, a spectacular lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and Obi Wan Kenobi at 11:55am and then at 12:00pm the preview tickets will go onsale.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Star Wars Day (Auckland, 4 Feb)

Post by Bazzack »

Further info: There is apparently 200 tickets available for that 8/2 advanced screening.

Sylvia park Toyworld are advertising "great deals" on the new ep1 toys.(whatever great deals means)
And are also offering double movie passes with Star Wars toy purchases of $30. (50 available)

There will be a large group of Star Wars costumed people in attendance(will be quite a site me thinks) and 20th Century fox are certainly trying to make an impact so it should be worth a look for anyone who is free and able to hit the mall between 10 and 1. Especially between 11:30 and 12pm.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

I now live in Mt Wellington so I'll see you fallas then :D
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

My scanner no longer works, but there's an advert for the Star Wars Day and preview tickets in today's NZ Herald (roughly A5 size on the cinema times page at the back of Section B).
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Scans attached :)
Attachments
NZ Herald, 04 Feb 2012
NZ Herald, 04 Feb 2012
NZ Herald, 03 Feb 2012
NZ Herald, 03 Feb 2012
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Juliet was asked to go along in costume for this, to catch up with the Fox Movies publicist and other staff as a follow-up to her/our Ranch trip.

I've started to sort some photos...they are up on Facebook for now (with more to go online shortly :) ): https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 613&type=3
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Bazzack wrote:Further info: There is apparently 200 tickets available for that 8/2 advanced screening.

Sylvia park Toyworld are advertising "great deals" on the new ep1 toys.(whatever great deals means)
And are also offering double movie passes with Star Wars toy purchases of $30. (50 available)
Toyworld had 2 figures for $30, pretty reasonable (which was $20 off their 'regular' prices). I picked up two (finally found the Padme figure I was searching for). They had lots of stock available, and were handing out free posters to attendees, and with purchases.

There are still tickets to the advance screening available online - we got in quick and got the free upgrade :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here's a selection of photos that I took from the sideline (click through for larger options). The whole gig looked like it went very well. Congratulations to those involved.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Great pictures! Goodness, the costumes are fantastic. :D Great to see Shaak Ti and Aayla in NZ. They're among my daughter's favourites. Juliet carried off her Amidala in style. Great work everyone.