Force Friday, Sept 4 in NZ

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Force Friday, Sept 4 in NZ

Post by Anaria »

Reverend Strone wrote:If you shopped at The Warehouse for Midnight Madness, be sure to check your receipt. They were running a till receipt promotion on the night, so each purchase on the night netted the buyer an additional coupon to use in a subsequent purchase. I am not sure if all receipts were the same or if there were random discounts, but mine conferred a 20% discount on any SW toy, valid from Monday Sept. 7th till the 22nd.

I plan on going back to grab Finn's speeder tomorrow. :)
Yes, I forgot to post about this - a staff member at our local event mentioned that all purchases during Warehouse's midnight events would include a 20% off voucher for Star Wars products during those dates :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote:Also, some people have been reporting that The Warehouse's BOGOHO offer, advertised for Sep 4th only, has been being honoured through to today as well (so far).
Hmmm. If it carries into Monday it'll be game on with the 20% vouchers! ;)
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

some pic of manukau warehouse
Attachments
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG (379.78 KiB) Viewed 7530 times
IMG_1312.JPG
IMG_1312.JPG (147.04 KiB) Viewed 7530 times
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
The Kiwi Jedi
Commander
Commander

Post by The Kiwi Jedi »

I find it strange that both Kmarts in Hamilton have yet to stock The Force Awakens Merchandise. I was in there over the weekend and saw nothing, no toys or clothing and not a single hint of products out in the store room according to a staff member. Yet I was told by Kmart NZ that stock would be on shelves for force Friday.
Any other Kmarts around with the same problem?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Michael_Lee wrote:I find it strange that both Kmarts in Hamilton have yet to stock The Force Awakens Merchandise. I was in there over the weekend and saw nothing, no toys or clothing and not a single hint of products out in the store room according to a staff member. Yet I was told by Kmart NZ that stock would be on shelves for force Friday.
Any other Kmarts around with the same problem?
The K-Mart in Albany technically had TFA product, but it was somewhat pitiful, and was almost outnumbered by the existing pegwarmer SW stock.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

There has been a worldwide problem with supply not meeting demand. I recall reading weeks ago that Hasbro and other manufacturers were simply unable to increase capacity enough to meet the massive demand from retailers for FF product, which outstripped their wildest projections, so everyone was warned they would receive less than they ordered. It was a case of spreading what there was across a greater number of retailers that ordered stuff. All things considered, while we missed out on entire ranges of product (yes, I'm still smarting about NZ missing out on the Micro Machines 3 and 5 packs), the allocation issue wasn't nearly as bad here as it seems to have been elsewhere. There are at least figures stil on pegs at most retailers in NZ, though K-Mart seems to have been hit the hardest. Not sure what happened there - delay, cancellation, a jam in their own system?

In the US they went as far as to issue a statement concerning their inability to field JAKKs product for eager customers. There's no question where they are laying blame for that one ...

K-Mart point of sale disclaimer points the finger at their supplier ...
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Reverend Strone wrote:There has been a worldwide problem with supply not meeting demand. I recall reading weeks ago that Hasbro and other manufacturers were simply unable to increase capacity enough to meet the massive demand from retailers for FF product, which outstripped their wildest projections, so everyone was warned they would receive less than they ordered. It was a case of spreading what there was across a greater number of retailers that ordered stuff. All things considered, while we missed out on entire ranges of product (yes, I'm still smarting about NZ missing out on the Micro Machines 3 and 5 packs), the allocation issue wasn't nearly as bad here as it seems to have been elsewhere. There are at least figures stil on pegs at most retailers in NZ, though K-Mart seems to have been hit the hardest. Not sure what happened there - delay, cancellation, a jam in their own system?

In the US they went as far as to issue a statement concerning their inability to field JAKKs product for eager customers. There's no question where they are laying blame for that one ...

K-Mart point of sale disclaimer points the finger at their supplier ...
Maybe they should have taken a leaf out of the 1977 merchandising problem and have the early bird vouchers available with first dibs on purchasing a product later. :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
CindyST
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CindyST »

If anyone is looking for FF stuff I can check at Farmers (where I work) and send it on. I will also see if any of the new stuff comes in first and let anyone know. Personally I dont collect (hubby would loose a gasket) but happy to help those who do. We have lots of stuff left, I dont think people are aware that Farmers stock them.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

CindyST wrote:... I will also see if any of the new stuff comes in first and let anyone know. ....
That would be very cool. Whichever store/chain gets the word out that they have new waves of figures will certainly have eager customers coming in the door.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

MattG wrote:
CindyST wrote:... I will also see if any of the new stuff comes in first and let anyone know. ....
That would be very cool. Whichever store/chain gets the word out that they have new waves of figures will certainly have eager customers coming in the door.
I spoke to a Hasbro merchie in farmers last week and they have a conference in a few weeks so they should know more after that
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D