Auckland Armageddon 2010 (was: SWNZ returns to Armageddon)

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auckland Armageddon 2010 (was: SWNZ returns to Armageddon)

Post by MattG »

Nice one Freddy.

I've just put a bit of a report up as an article on SWNZ, which is full of photos - http://swnz.dr-maul.com/moretext.php?request=20101027

The SWNZ display wouldn't have worked if not for the combined and collaborative effort of the contributors, so I'll just re-iterate the following acknowledgments: The exhibition items were contributed by many participants, who hopefully enjoyed being able to get their prized collection pieces out on public diplay - thanks go out to Kristy, Barry, Freddy, Hadleigh, Tarry, Rob (+ Rory and Cass for their valuable assistance), Peter, Craig, Sarah, Carl, and Dean.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I loved the stall, guys -- great work!

It was good to catchup with Matt, Kristy and Juliet; and thanks for letting me have a closer look, Matt!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I had a great weekend :) Really enjoyed catching up with friends, and putting forum names to faces. The crowd reaction to the stand made all those hours setting up/packing down worth it - thanks to all who helped out :)

Barry - noticed your R2 was chosen as 'Best Guest Appearance' in a blog write-up :)

Came away with more SW purchases than in the past, felt like there was more dealer stalls this year. We picked up volumes 1 & 2 of the SW Galaxy trading card art books, x2 SW prints from Jason Palmer, the new ESB making-of book (on sale), and some Cylon action figures. Would have picked up a few figures from ToyWorld, but completely forgot to go back with my wallet.

I was also able to attend a private brunch with Michael Shanks (from SG1), and later a photo/autograph too. It's been a while since there's been a guest I was looking forward to, so that was highlight for me. Juliet really enjoyed the animation guests this year - she was so excited to meet John DiMaggio and Bill Farmer :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I packed a couple of Star Wars costumes but didn't wear either of them in the end, I was a blue skinned alien (chosen as "best cosplay" in that link Kristy provided ;) ) from Mass Effect 2 and only got a brief tour round on Saturday. :(

The stand looked amazing though :) I especially liked the Slave Leia display- funnily enough ;)- and all the different interpretations. I was hoping to be able to help on Sunday but I had to rest that day instead ;) It would have been nice to be able to chat about the Han in person too.

Such a busy part of the venue! I had a spot of trouble navigating around it because of the crush of people! I am sure it wasn't so busy last year?

Hope to see the display again at another event ;)

Oh and it was nice to catch up really briefly with Hansagan at the end of the day on Monday :) I remember that cosplay contest and your entry very well :) It inspired me certainly :)
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

mdb wrote:I packed a couple of Star Wars costumes but didn't wear either of them in the end, I was a blue skinned alien (chosen as "best cosplay" in that link Kristy provided ;) ) from Mass Effect 2 and only got a brief tour round on Saturday. :(
Your costume was Amazing!!
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

Thank you :) I have more parts to affic to the bodysuit but it requires another person so I can wear it and have them mark on my back where pieces should go ;) I can probably at least do half for myself ;)

I don't think I met anyone else besides super briefly catching up with HanSagan, Kristy and co :( Still there is always another event on the horizon :D
MattT
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MattT »

mdb wrote:I packed a couple of Star Wars costumes but didn't wear either of them in the end, I was a blue skinned alien (chosen as "best cosplay" in that link Kristy provided ;) ) from Mass Effect 2 and only got a brief tour round on Saturday. :(

mdb I saw you around on saturday, I have you in the background of one of my photos, I was in costume on saturday also as Darth Revan. Loved your costume also, what other costumes did you bring up with you?
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Bazzack wrote:
Your costume was Amazing!!
I second that :)
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

MattT: Thank you :) I saw you from a distance but with the headpiece muffling sound it makes it hard to hear let alone try and start a conversation ;) Not as bad as it was as the bald cap inside disintegrated that morning.. sigh. Cheap to replace though ;)

I had my Officer and Gentle Giant version of Leia :) But there were boot issues with both so they were back ups of back ups ;) I was very close to finishing Sabe's battle outfit but the headpiece sanding was getting a bit much so I had to stop. Definitely getting back to working on Shae Vizla too :)

thehiflyer: Thank you :) The make up on Monday had more prosthetic aide in it which was great as there was no peeling anywhere but it did mean I was only able to take some of it off before I left the venue. So I was blue from neck down at an after event wind down dinner :)

So very inspired to finished those costumes thanks to the great display and great people involved :D
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Sorry to have missed the show this year. It sounds like it was great fun and the photos I have seen make me envious. Thanks for sharing everyone. I hope to see you at Armageddon 2011, either in Wellington or Auckland, all going well.