This Saturday in Wellington

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

This Saturday in Wellington

Post by PitYak Studios »

Sevens weekend is when I like to show the amateurs what costumery is all about.

Not strictly Star-Warsian (alright, not remotely Star-Warsian unless I decide to wear my Buba Fett) but a dozen or so of us are going dressed up to JJ Murphy's, Cuba Street around 4pm. It's a chance for those of us who are virtual friends to finally meet in the flesh, so if any of you good folks are interested you're more than welcome.

If you're not sure which group of patrons to introduce yourself to, look for Jeb Stuart and Steampunk Wonder Woman.

Phil
Painter
Sculptor
Costumier
Maker-of-Things(I made that)

If you like my stuff please Like my page!

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
Captainsolo1978
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: This Saturday in Wellington

Post by Captainsolo1978 »

Just been at the Wellington Sevens. Fantastic!

Saw the two Stormtroopers with a girl who looked like Mara Jade beside them. Was that someone from here ?

Also saw Slave Leia !
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

Post by PitYak Studios »

Didn't see many star wars costume's myself, just a $2 shop vader and stormtrooper, and a reasonably good but still slightly costumey fett who's face looked familiar, may have been someone from here

We had a great time though, we weren't at the game, just drinking with like minded folks. I was wearing my JEB Stuart (confederate cavalry general) costume again, the only one i've worn more than once because it's so sexy

Everytime I wear it the norms seem to think I'm a pirate. Last night I got called a pirate, captain hook, captain cook, zorro and colonel custer, which i had to admit was a fairly good guess.
Painter
Sculptor
Costumier

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

Post by PitYak Studios »

we waited for two hours for the bus home due to a slight misinterpretation of the re-routed buses, so we got to watch all 20000 (or however many) people march past.
Painter
Sculptor
Costumier

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers
Captainsolo1978
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Captainsolo1978 »

The two stormtroopers were interviewed on the big screen. I assumed they were part of the famous Imperial Garrison as they were in professional costumes ie movie accurate!

I was certain they would be on here. Slave Leia must have been freezing! Was windy and lashing down.

May wear my Indiana Jones costume next year.