Haul Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Haul Thread

Post by Reverend Strone »

I snagged a second Teek off e-bay for some custom experimentation I plan to do some day (he feels a litle tall to me so I am thinking of taking the hacksaw to his middle), plus, thanks to trades with overseas friends I was able to snag a bunch of recent figure releases and complete some BADs. Here are my April acquisitions all together.

From left: CB-3D (WM Droid Factory), Concept IG-88, Warok (Endor BP), Commander Cody, R4-P44 (ANH wave BaD), BG-J38 (EU wave BaD), Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot, Commander Bacarra.

And here's Teek hanging with his ewok buddies.

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool stuff Daniel. And, you've reminded me of a few figures that I still want to try and track down some how (concept IG-88 and BG-J38...why did they have to make him a build-a-droid?)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

MattG wrote:Cool stuff Daniel. And, you've reminded me of a few figures that I still want to try and track down some how (concept IG-88 and BG-J38...why did they have to make him a build-a-droid?)
Yeah, tell me about it. I paid through the nose for that one, but figured since I didn't want any of the figures from that wave it was cheaper to just buy the droid on e-bay then try and track down the parts through trades or buy a wave I didn't want to get them. It hurt to do it but now it's done and I can rest easy knowing I have him.

IG-88 I got incredibly lucky on, knowing a guy who collects mint on card and wanted to upgrade his own dented carded one to a better one he found at a convention, so he sold me his spare to offset the sting of the overpriced mint figure he had found. I feel fortunate because that figure seems to be really hard to find now Statesides. If you're serious about getting him I'd get on top of that one before he completely dries up. It seems to have been a short run wave or something. I can put feelers out for another one through my contacts if you like, just in case anyone happens upon one?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...
Yeah, tell me about it. I paid through the nose for that one, but figured since I didn't want any of the figures from that wave it was cheaper to just buy the droid on e-bay then try and track down the parts through trades or buy a wave I didn't want to get them. It hurt to do it but now it's done and I can rest easy knowing I have him....
I'm thinking of going that route...and hoping that if I do, Hasbro won't just go and release him on a card next season.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

We just received these guys, for a pretty good price considering they were impossible to get when first released, and their re-release is as an exclusive, via Cool Collectibles.

mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I can't see that many Ewok in one place and not go to the place Robot Chicken went to. Sigh. Despite being a rabid lefto pinko vegetarian and pacifist and wanting a "pet" Ewok as a kid that scene just called to me...
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Hahah mdb, you said it sis. :D

Congrats on the Eopie Matt! He looks great. I was lucky enough to score one of teh original releases from a seller in the Bay of Plenty a few years ago for $70, which really ain't bad at all, but I plan to get a couple of the new rereleases as well for custom purposes. They'll be cool to have dotted around those Tatooine dioramas and perhaps in a Saleucami farm dio if I ever get around to building that one. :)
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...
Congrats on the Eopie Matt! He looks great. I was lucky enough to score one of teh original releases from a seller in the Bay of Plenty a few years ago for $70, which really ain't bad at all, but iplan to get a couple of the new rereleases as well for custom purposes. They'll be cool to have dotted around those Tatooine dioramas and perhaps in a Saleucami farm dio if I ever get around to building that one. :)
An eopie farm? That'd be cool. I always wanted to have a herd of banthas (but have settled for a crowd of jawas).
acerimmerrocks
Ensign
Ensign

Post by acerimmerrocks »

Got Nahdar Vebb in the mail and a V-wing pilot from Bazzack. Also went on a major SW:CCG bing thanks to a learning that a friend from my poker league also collected them and gave me all his doubles and a few trademe auctions later im 15 cards away from having complete sets up to endor and have about half of all the cards from the Death Star 2 set back so I will be working on completing the sets and upgrading the folders to something much nicer.
Monkey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkey »

Sweet haul of cards, let me know what you are still after and I may be able to help. I was a major junkie of the decipher CCG :D