New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by MattG »

More new 3.75" at Toy Fair... Jabba's Palace playset, Skiff, ROTJ figures...
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I just saw the new Retro line due for release in May this year and I honestly don't know how I feel about them. I always knew Hasbro was going to re-release the original figures at some stage (I know they did the 4 pack around '95) but a part of me kinder hoped they wouldn't.

I guess it's opened up a whole new way to get accessories for vintage figures some people might have missing.....but I'm sure there's going to be a few people in the future who buy a complete vintage figure only to find them holding a retro weapon. I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy them, but in saying that I'm not sure we'll even get them in stores here
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

They're described as being slightly bigger, presumably with a scale difference akin to that with the Rocket-Firing Boba Fett of 2010 ( http://www.swnz.co.nz/2010/09/23/rocket ... ve-figure/ ).... which did come with an E-11, and the differences between that weapon and vintage are quite discernible. I know that from a distance the weapons are harder to distinguish, but in the published photos out yesterday, I think the weapons are more distinct than many repros out there.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I noticed in the pictures that Luke seemed a little bigger than the original figure but didn't know if it was just wishful thinking on my part or not lol.

I'm glad the weapons are easily identifiable from their older counterparts as well.....it'll be interesting to see if a retro Yakface or Blue Snaggletooth pop up any time in the future
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

.......after seeing better pictures of the retro figures I can see that there'll never be any problems with these figures being mounted on vintage cards and sold as original lol Chewy and Darth look closer to their 1970s versions then the other four, Han and Leia look very chunky, so they'll be a good way to own a carded figure that maybe out of reach in its original state.

I really like how they've made the backingcards look creased and damaged.....a really cool and new idea
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

The throwback cards for The Phantom Menace Black Series figures are crazy... those bring back so many memories!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:33 pm The throwback cards for The Phantom Menace Black Series figures are crazy... those bring back so many memories!
The first two are Celebration exclusives, but I wouldn't be too surprised if we see some more later, with it being the Ep1 20th anniversary.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I won't be buying any, but it'll be cool to see 'em swinging from the racks.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Harvey Mushman wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 pm I won't be buying any, but it'll be cool to see 'em swinging from the racks.

Actually, I'm full of it... those would be fun to grab at Celebration, if only to give away, like I do with all such purchases!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Expected very little from ToyFair this year, but there was heaps for 3.75" collectors like me. The skiff looks great!