New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by MattG »

More Forces of Destiny dolls revealed - ANH Leia and TLJ Rey... but look at the text listings: Porgs, Kneesa

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2017/12/2 ... nd-images/
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

The third wave of TLJ Force Link figures (including C'ai Threnalli, the Flame Trooper, and the Finn vs. Phasma 2-pack) have now been made Entertainment Earth exclusives here in the US. This is pretty frustrating news, as - with EE's markup and shipping taken into account - these three items will now cost about 55% more than what they would on pegs at a brick-and-mortar store.

I'm guessing this is just the price we pay for such a fast film turnaround and very limited time for stores to purchase and move stock.

Scuttlebutt has it that they've already been released in stores in some other countries, so I wonder if and when we'll see them in NZ?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

MattG wrote: but look at the text listings: Porgs, Kneesa
OMG! That's awesome. Kneesa is very surprising. I hope they make it out. EE has cancelled pre-orders of several new FOD products, so I'm worried that if Hasbro has pulled the plug we may not see these.
Archon Revuge wrote:The third wave of TLJ Force Link figures (including C'ai Threnalli, the Flame Trooper, and the Finn vs. Phasma 2-pack) have now been made Entertainment Earth exclusives here in the US. This is pretty frustrating news, as - with EE's markup and shipping taken into account - these three items will now cost about 55% more than what they would on pegs at a brick-and-mortar store.

Scuttlebutt has it that they've already been released in stores in some other countries, so I wonder if and when we'll see them in NZ?
Indeed. I will be paying close attention and hoping they appear down here in NZ. The single-carded Emperor figure of that wave, which EE has elected not to take, looks like it's the best ever produced, in my opinion.
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

I've gotta be honest. I didn't like TLJ and I have little interest in Episode 9 now, so that's kinda soured my excitement for collecting modern figures.

To add insult to injury, they showed so many interesting alien characters in the last 2 films, and yet all we're getting are new (almost identical) versions of Finn, Hux, Poe etc.

Looks like I'll be sticking to OT characters again (completing my OT collection and buying any new OT figures, i.e. The Emperor, they make).
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hope we see this 4-pack locally. US pricing converts to about NZ$9.50 per figure.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/prod ... -511025661
Attachments
crait_pack_loose.jpg
crait_pack_loose.jpg (242.51 KiB) Viewed 9174 times
crait_pack_box.jpg
crait_pack_box.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 9174 times
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

kyloren wrote:I've gotta be honest. I didn't like TLJ and I have little interest in Episode 9 now, so that's kinda soured my excitement for collecting modern figures.

To add insult to injury, they showed so many interesting alien characters in the last 2 films, and yet all we're getting are new (almost identical) versions of Finn, Hux, Poe etc.

Looks like I'll be sticking to OT characters again (completing my OT collection and buying any new OT figures, i.e. The Emperor, they make).
Agreed on the aliens. I'm really feeling the lack of them in plastic form this year, but am hopeful that the toys associated with the Solo film may address that, simply by virtue of its galactic underworld setting.

I loved TLJ. It turned me around after I was largely ambivalent about the sequel trilogy having been entertained but not intrigued by TFA. But, the toy line has been dull. Too much samey-samey stuff that we either already have. I have seen that criticism repeated a lot as a reason for why collectors and kids haven't been all over the range. Fingers crossed that lesson has been learned and the future holds some genuine newness for us.

That new 4-pack is surprisingly appealing to me, though again, I wish there was more new stuff. The FO Gunner is the most exciting part of it - a figure I had hoped for since spotting these intriguing updates on the classic Imperial design in TFA. Rey is a repack, but I suppose that it to be expected as they do that in order to help balance the books. Rose being a new figure is great, though that particular outfit isn't the most exciting, and given there are a lot of Rose toys already in circulation, I wonder about the wisdom of the choice. The Snowtrooper is intriguing. Is that paint job actually something that was created for the film and we just never got a good look at it, or is it a Hasbro invention. I dig it, but would be happiest if it's actually legitimately canon. When I inevitably buy a couple of these sets, it will be for the Gunner most of all.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

kyloren wrote:I've gotta be honest. I didn't like TLJ and I have little interest in Episode 9 now, so that's kinda soured my excitement for collecting modern figures.

Yes Hasbro have always been fairly bad at picking which figures to make but with the vintage line returning hopefully we will have new figures coming later this year, but has anyone heard anything new regarding those?
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Over the past few weeks we've started to see some images - both official and unofficial - of the 3 3/4" and 6" figures that will accompany the release of Solo. I figured I'd do a bit of a round-up for anyone who hasn't caught them all:

First up, Entertainment Weekly have given us our first official look at a number of 5POA 3 3/4" releases including a 'Kessel Run' Millennium Falcon (with exclusive Han Solo), and a Force Link 2 bracelet (with another exclusive Han Solo).
Attachments
Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.jpg
Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.jpg (57.01 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
Kessel Run Millennium Falcon Exclusive Han Solo.png
Kessel Run Millennium Falcon Exclusive Han Solo.png (471.46 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
Force Link 2 Bracelet.jpg
Force Link 2 Bracelet.jpg (43.5 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
Force Link 2 Bracelet Exclusive Han Solo.jpg
Force Link 2 Bracelet Exclusive Han Solo.jpg (68.24 KiB) Viewed 9037 times
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

It also looks like the first wave of single-carded 5POA 3 3/4" figures will include Chewbacca, Qi'Ra, and repacks of Jedi Master Luke Skywalker, K-2SO (now with blaster), and Maz Kanata (now with jetpack).
Attachments
Chewbacca.jpg
Chewbacca.jpg (98.78 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Qi'Ra.jpg
Qi'Ra.jpg (96.47 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.jpg
Jedi Master Luke Skywalker.jpg (65.79 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
K-2SO.jpg
K-2SO.jpg (81.86 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Maz Kanata.jpg
Maz Kanata.jpg (67.41 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Unofficial leaks have also given us a sneak peak of a Kessel Guard / Lando Calrissian 2-pack, as well as a combined display which also seems to show a Solo TIE fighter, Han's landspeeder, an Imperial trooper / speeder bike combo, and the Qui-Gon Jinn / Darth Maul 2-pack that's been in the pipeline for a while now.
Attachments
Kessel Guard and Lando Calrissian.jpg
Kessel Guard and Lando Calrissian.jpg (80.67 KiB) Viewed 9036 times
Solo Toy Leaks.jpg
Solo Toy Leaks.jpg (113.96 KiB) Viewed 9036 times