Store Reports / Latest Finds

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Store Reports / Latest Finds

Post by Reverend Strone »

DRAW2 wrote: Stormie Luke looks to be exactly the same height as Stormie Han...anyone confirm?
Nah, he's shorter. Check out the pictures over at Jedi Temple Archives. They had this to say about the height thing ...

"During the NYCC Preview Party in 2014, Jedi Temple Archives learned that Luke Skywalker (who was only in its infancy prototype stage) would be coming with a retooled torso to make him “a little short for a stormtrooper.” It was hard to tell from what was displayed, so we were wary whether or not this was going to happen or not. We’re happy to report that what was told and engineered into this figure has come to pass and the results are quite remarkable. Luke Skywalker has an all-new torso."
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

DRAW2 wrote:Stormie Luke looks to be exactly the same height as Stormie Han...anyone confirm?
I managed to pick up both Han & Luke, and I already had a stormtrooper (of course!)

Luke is definitely shorter than Han, the chest plate has been lowered over the Ab, and there are less buttons showing. However it looks like they have used the same arms, which give him a bit of a monkey look.

With the helmet on, it is harder to pick Luke as being much shorter that the standard stormtrooper at the top of the helmet, shoulder height does give it away. Han is definitely taller (with a massive head - his helmet is really tight).

What I do really like, is Luke has the comms pack on his belt rather than the thermal det. It's a nice little feature. He also comes with the hand held communicator, it is tiny and will stay in the packaging lest I think it is an ABS flake and vacuum it.

With helmets off, the sizes look a lot better.

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Those are cool comparison pics...it is interesting to see the differences incorporated in to Luke's armour.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I've started a new/replacement Store Reports thread...please post any new Reports/Latest Finds posts here: http://swnz.dr-maul.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1547

I'll be locking this thread presently.